• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN 2+ months after the incident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN 2+ months after the incident

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of similar posts here but I am struggling to understand.

I just received a parking fine from MET Parking Services for the 22nd December 2019 (when the driver stopped on double yellows in a garage forecourt). It was issued 26th Feb 2020 and is the first notice we’ve had of the contravention.

Can they really demand payment for something that happened over 2 months ago?

I’m going to appeal via their in-house appeals process, then take it to POPLA as the letter tells me if they reject my appeal. But could someone tell me what to write on the appeal please?

Is it enough to say that it’s been over 2 months and they should have contacted me within 14 days as stated in the protection of freedoms act? Do I need to mention that they can’t pursue the registered keeper if they don’t know who the driver is, although they do have some images from the CCTV?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ican'tpark; 4th March 2020, 20:29:PM.
    Tags: None

I wouldn't waste my time appealing. They never sent notice to keeper within 14 days plus it looks like it was written by someone who has as much knowledge of parking law as a rabid squirrel. I'd actually enjoy being taken to court by them if I could spare the time. They are just trying it on in the hope you will pay, which is their usual modus operandi.

Comment

They can pursue the keeper if the don't know the identity of the driver,* that is the whole point of POFA*

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver..........." etc.* This is a public forum

If there was no windscreen ticket then:

Dear Sirs,
      I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx
      You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act.* You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.
      There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.
      Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.
      Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office.

Comment

That would be the sensible thing to do lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X