• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Link Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Link Parking

Hi

My wife received a parking ticket for not displaying a valid Pay and Display ticket. The issue is the pay and display machine is taped up and has been for a long time looking at google earth images.

She bought a ticket from another machine - trouble is it was for an adjacent car park but not very well signposted etc and she was rushing to catch a train. She has never parked there before

I appealed the charge with Link parking but was turned down and have now appealed to the IAS. Can anyone recommend what to do if the appeal fails. £100 for using an incorrect machine is not fair if you ask me. Link have said that there is a sign detailing alternative payment methods but this sign is separate to the pay and display sign and my wife didnt notice it

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/int...ing-community/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.c...-kangaroo.html
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-kangaroo.html
        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the links Charity - think I have shot myself in the foot by appealing via IAS!

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post
            Thanks for the links Charity - think I have shot myself in the foot by appealing via IAS!
            Not really.

I would imagine most judges are well aware of the 'cosy' relationship.

As is Parliament.....hence the new Parking Code of Practice Act
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X