• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCM UK Ltd - Attendant took full picture of child - Privacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM UK Ltd - Attendant took full picture of child - Privacy

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I just could not find a related thread.

I was recently got a PCN from PCM UK Ltd for "parked outside of a marked bay/on restricted roadway/landscaped/paved areas or causing an obstruction or inconvenience to others".

They attached pictures of evidence and a picture of the signage that the car parks are only for StayCity Hotel guests with a maximum stay of 20 mins.

I only stopped for 5 mins to drop off my 4 year old daughter at the soft play area at High Point Village which is next to StayCity hotel. (part of the same building)

I figured that it was an attendant sneakily taking the pictures given the angles at which the pictures were taken.

Among those pictures that can be accessed from their online portal, they have taken a full picture of my daughter, I wonder the legality of this and whether I have valid grounds to say that this is an infringement of Privacy.

I'd be very grateful if anyone would help with the next course of actions if this is, in fact, an infringement to the child privacy.

Many thanks for your response in advance. Happy to provide more details if required.

Kind regards.
    Ash.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome
    Apologies for delayed response,,but Christmas approaches

There is no law preventing people from taking photographs in public. This includes taking photos of other people's children.
    It is an offence to take indecent photographs.
    If photographs are taken from private land, the land owner's permission is needed.

Publishing the pictures is a different matter.
    Who can access that picture on the online portal?

Regarding the PCN, if you require assistance disputing it please post up a redacted copy, so our ostell can advise.
    Also edit your post so you do not identify the driver, in other words "The driver dropped off...." etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X