• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCM Charge received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM Charge received

Hello all,

Looking for some advice in regards a charge letter the keeper have received today.

The driver was driving the vehicle and pulled in to our local petrol station, the driver parked here whilst they went to the McDonald's on the same estate as it there was nowhere else that they could safely park.

We have received the letter shown in the imgur link, does the keeper have to pay this or should they dispute it?

http://imgur.com/gallery/565c5UM

Any advice would be great.
    Last edited by sudd1976; 30th June 2021, 15:00:PM. Reason: link changed from gdrive to imgur
    Tags: None

Need to be able to see the file. Suggest you use imgur hosting site.

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. The driver drove and parked, the keeper received the letter.

Comment

Hello,

I have loaded the charge letter to Imgur as per your suggestion

http://imgur.com/gallery/565c5UM

Comment

This was a hire car I presume. Was there any other documents included with the letter?

Comment

It's a lease car, not a hire car. There were no other documents enclosed oy the one I have posted.

Comment

Lease, hire, same difference

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office

Send so that it arrives on day 19 after the letter so that they can't correct and reissue.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help, I will use the above.

Can I ask about sending the reply so it arrives on day 19 of the original document, why is this done?

Comment

They have 21 days to get a Notice to Hirer to you. If you give them too much notice they can correct their error.

It's all in POFA

Comment

So the company in question, have sent the keeper a letter In regards the charge.

Which can be viewed here

http://imgur.com/gallery/mdwpsDo
                  What do you believe the best course of action would be in regards this?

Comment

You could write to them saying that they have failed to address the points in your letter and you reiterate that they failed to meet the requirements of POFA, as detailed in your letter, and therefore, as the hirer, you have no liabilities in this matter.

Then ignore any further letters until you get a letter before claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X