• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN UKPS IPC - Appeal Denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN UKPS IPC - Appeal Denied

Good evening. I am a new member on this forum as just found about it while searching the internet for a solution. I received a PCN for parking on a private property as I didn't realise that parking rules apply to that side of the road. There are no parking bays and there are no markings at all. The so called "parking" it's also an access road for the rear parking lot of a different shop and no markings to distinguish them. I would like to know where I stand with this charge and if it's anything I can do about it. I tried to appeal it 2 days ago and they denied it. I will attach photos of the parking lot showing the access road, the signage and the letter I received from them. I look forward to hearing back from you.*

This is their reply to my appeal:*

Dear Gabriel,

FULL & FINAL RESPONSE WITHOUT PREJUDICE:

Thank you for your recent communication concerning the above Parking Charge. *Please rest assured that our Appeals Manager has personally reviewed this case and carefully considered the various points raised. *Their view, however, is that the Parking Charge is neither unreasonable nor unjust and so we will not be waiving this parking charge.

This is private land that the landowner has designated for Permit Holders OR customer of Food City only, and when parking on the private land the driver must remain onsite and enter their vehicle registration into the parking tablet at the Food City counter. The signage is clear and has been audited by our company lawyers and the governing trade association. The driver exited the site in the opposite direction to Food City & returned from the opposite direction to Food City. As the driver of the vehicle failed to enter the vehicle registration details into the on site tablet, the driver of the vehicle was therefore in direct contravention of the site terms and conditions. The signs are clear and in abundance across the site and have been audited by the UKPS Company lawyers and the IPC.

UKPS Ltd is still trying to resolve the situation and still willing to accept the reduced rate fee of £60, this offer is available for the next 7 days after which it will revert to the balance without the price reduction.

The contract that UKPS Limited has with the owner or occupier of the land (which authorises UKPS Limited to enter into a contract with the driver requiring the payment of Parking Charges in respect of parking of the vehicle on the land) contains a confidentially clause and as such we are not in a position to provide the contract to you.

As a member of the Approved Operator Scheme, UKPS Limited are audited by the IPC to ensure that we have all relevant contracts in place. *UKPS Limited will provide the court with a copy of this in full if they require it, or can provide a written statement to this effect from those party to the contract. *We are also more than happy to provide confirmation to the independent assessors that we are authorised to manage parking at this site. *We can confirm that parking management at this site has been contracted to UKPS Limited.

All of our signage is fully compliant with the guidelines set our within the IPC Code of Practice and we reject the notion that it is in any way unclear or ambiguous.

The highest court in the UK, the Supreme Court, has unambiguously confirmed that parking charges issued on private land are fully enforceable. *In the case of ParkingEye v Beavis (2015) UKSC 67 their Lordships stated that private parking charges were enforceable because they served a legitimate interest and were in the interests of the public generally. *The case confirmed that the amount of the charge does not have to reflect any loss that might have been caused by breach of the terms and conditions of parking.

The Supreme Court decision is binding law on all other courts throughout the UK.

Another Court decision:*http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-39478203

Please be advised that all photographic evidence can be viewed by typing:

pay.theukps.com

in to you top address browser.

We appreciate that this is not the outcome you will have hoped for. *Unless you have any additional information that you have not already brought to our attention this decision is final.

In light of the contents of this letter you now have a number of options:

1. ***Payment offer of reduced rate for the charge above at the reduced rate of £60; to UKPS Limited. *PLEASE REFER BELOW FOR PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ADDRESS DETAILS.

2. ***If you are not happy with our decision you can contact the IAS (www.theias.org) standard Appeals service within 21 days of this appeal being declined.

By law we are also required to inform you that the Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org/) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. *However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. *As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to IAS, as explained above.

3. ***If you choose to do nothing the parking charge will automatically increase after 7 days from the date of this letter to £100 and the matter will be passed to our debt recovery agent, at which point you will be liable to pay an additional charge of £60, in accordance with our terms and conditions of parking and further charges will be claimed if Court action is taken against you. *Any unpaid Court Judgement may adversely affect your credit rating.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER, UKPS LIMITED REGULARLY TAKES MOTORIST TO COURT WHO IGNORE THEIR PARKING CHARGES.

Payment Methods
    Bank Transfer
    Account UKPS LTD *
    Account No: 25006760
    Sort Code: ****30-99-15

Or Cheque / Postal Order
    UKPS Ltd
    Central Office
    The Hangars
    Harbury Lane
    Leamington Spa
    CV33 9SA

Kind Regards

UKPS Ltd Appeals Team

UKPS Ltd
    Central Office
    The Hangars
    Harbury Lane
    Leamington Spa
    Warwickshire
    CV33 9SA
    Phone: 01926 356 747
    Email:*info@theukps.com
    Entrance to the other car park and showing the main road Signage PCN
    Tags: None

The signs are forbidding in nature and not offering a contract to park for non customers. No contract = no breach = no payment due.

Have you actually checked the status of this road with the local council.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. What would you suggest to do next?

It doesn't seem to be a road, but it shows on their map and on google maps. Please find attached both maps with highlighted area of the private car park and the other's shop car park.*

Comment

So check with the council!!* Is it adopted or not

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that is not an adopted road.*

Comment

Hi Gabriel,
            Did anything else come of this?
            I’ve just had the same fine and I am going to appeal.

Comment

Hi Gabriel,
              Can you tell me what happened in the end. I have just get a ticket as well and I do not know what to do.
              thanks

Comment

So start your own thread rather than hijacking and post up the NTK you received and again photos of the signs. And some detail

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X