• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking fine at Asda car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking fine at Asda car park

Good evening all.
    First I'd like to say it's great to see the huge help you give to so many people..you lovely bunch! Hope you can share some guidance.

I've received this weekend a letter from the Debt Recovery Plus regarding an unpaid PCN. Apparently I was 'finned' on the 10/04 but only now I've received this letter. This might be because in the last month I've change addresses and my car registration still had the old address (I've already sent to DVLA the new one). I´ve read some of the old threads but wondering if because I don´t have the original PCN I should reply to them in a specific way.

The reason for the PCN (£120) is "over the free time" but apart from that they don't specify anything else.

Hope you can help. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking fine at Asda car park

Can you post the letter up after you've sanitised it ?

Want to see if it's a notice to keeper after a ticket was affixed to the vehicle (or meant to have been).

M1

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer. There was no ticket at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

You could write back and appeal adding, "as you have used a tracing service you will note that my address has changed. As such, i have had no opportunity, until now, to appeal."http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?79207-BPA-tickets-Initial-appeal-no-ticket-on-vehicle

This would need to be sent to smart parking as well as DRP but they'll probably tell you to GTF we want want your money.

The Asda manager is your best source of help here. Face to face with proof of spending is best.

It's clear to me from the letter it was an ANPR ticket so there wouldn't have been one on the vehicle but it should have arrived within 14 days.

M1

Comment

Do they have any real power to cancel the PCN or can they just say it's not their responsibility and trow me into he lions?
          Will they be able to give me hard copy evidence they will cancel it?

Comment

They can, if they want to. Many say no, some say yes. They won't give any paperwork but usually you'll get a letter in the post to say cancelled.

M1

Comment

Thank you so much. I'll do that tomorrow but probably meanwhile just email both DRP and SP. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by IndogsweTrust View Post
                Thank you so much. I'll do that tomorrow but probably meanwhile just email both DRP and SP. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.
                So at this point and after I've explained to Asda's manager why the PNC was wrong in so many ways she accepted to write to Smart Parking and request to cancel the PNC. Let's just wait until I get an official letter.
                Meanwhile I took some photos of the car park and conveniently there were no signs whatsoever of Parking regulations and how long you´re allow to stay to which she said they were taken down recently because they're changing companies.

I'll keep everyone posted but a big big BIG thanks for the massive help so far!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X