• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKCP siting Beavis v ParkingEye court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCP siting Beavis v ParkingEye court case

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience to mine, and might be able to advise.

I have received an "unpaid parking charge" notice whilst parked at work (NHS). The car park is managed by UKCP. I pay for my parking directly from my salary each month, and have done so for 6+ years. Many people, including myself generally ignore the tickets, issued, as they are frequently miss issued. After a few letters UKCP and their debt collectors go away.

My offence is having a photocopied version of my parking permit. Which is correct, but I fail to see the importance of this fact, as I swap and change cars with my husband, and by making a copy we have a permit in each car. (Only one is issued).

My latest parking ticket has progressed in its normal manner, however I received a second letter from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus Ltd), and this one states that if I don't pay the £120 parking charge, they intend to "recommend to the creditor to commence court proceedings". They have written "In light of the landmark court ruling Beavis-v-ParkingEye Ltd we urge you to make contact with us without delay."

I have read up on this case, and it does exist, although it is actually known as ParkingEye 'v' Beavis. The defendant overstayed his time in a 2 hour free parking carpark. He lost his case as far as high court. I however have paid, but the permit was a copy of my original.

Is this just scare mongering, or is this likely to go to court?

Many thanks for reading.
    Tags: None

Re: UKCP siting Beavis v ParkingEye court case

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html

It is scare mongering to a large extent. They seldom do court. Have you contact the scheme administrators (the ones who pocket the cash from your salary) ?

M1

Comment

Re: UKCP siting Beavis v ParkingEye court case

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html

It is scare mongering to a large extent. They seldom do court. Have you contact the scheme administrators (the ones who pocket the cash from your salary) ?

M1

Thank you for your reply. No I haven't contacted the Estates office who take the money monthly from my salary. It's probably a good idea... Hadn't thought of doing that!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X