• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC appeal declined by POPLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC appeal declined by POPLA

Gday all
    Just wondering if anyone can advise on experience.
    Got a parking charge issued by UKPC for 'Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket'. There was no photographic evidence provided by UKPC at this time.
    I appealed on the grounds that I knew I definitely did have a valid ticket (I sent them a photo of it) and I knew it was displayed on my dashboard. At the time I assumed it was a mistake and didn't expect it to go any further. Appeal was rejected with reason just a restatement of original charge - no further evidence provided.
    I appealed to POPLA who then obtained photographic evidence from UKPC showing my ticket was upside down in my window which I hadn't realized in the first place. If I had of known this in the first place I would have reluctantly paid the £60 fine.
    However the fine is now upto £100 because I appealed with a threat of legal action if I don't pay within 28 days.
    The whole thing feels like a con to try and get me to appeal and pay the higher amount because they didn't provide me with their evidence or even a statement advising the ticket was upside down in the first place.
    Does anybody have any similar experience and believe it would be worth me going to court?
    Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: UKPC appeal declined by POPLA

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html

They do do court but not very often. I'd file everything and see if they send court papers, in which case do not ignore these.

M1

Comment

Re: UKPC appeal declined by POPLA

Ok Thanks mystery1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X