• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ASDA Smart parking fine and debt collector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDA Smart parking fine and debt collector

Good afternoon,

I parked in ASDA Bournemouth on the 12/10/2015. I got there at 14.54 and came back to the car at about 17.22. there's a 3 hour limit, which I was within, but I started to feel very unwell. I have had to call an ambulance several times since then for the same problem-turns out I have severe allergies which bring on anaphylactic reactions.

When this happened in the car I had no idea what was going on and was really frightened. I called my best friend and my mum and spoke to them on the phone for an hour trying to calm down. Mum thought it was a panic attack hence not calling an ambulance.
    I left the car park at 18.22 and got a parking charge notice from smart parking. I appealed explaining that their CCTV should show me returning to my car well within the time limit and what had happened. they told me I should have gone into ASDA and asked for more time (I couldn't have walked) and upheld the notice.

Stupidly I forgot about the whole thing and now have a letter from Debt Recovery Plus limited stating that if I don't pay £120 (3 times the original amount!) by the 31st December they would recommend legal action to the creditor. Because I worried and buried my head in the sand, plus my health has been bad and it's not been the first thing on my mind, I missed this deadline as it was yesterday. Now I'm stuck. please help!

Thank you
    Charlie
    Tags: None

Re: ASDA Smart parking fine and debt collector

Speak to Asda management to see if they'll intervene.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X