• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - from Norfolk Parking Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - from Norfolk Parking Enforcement

hi everyone.

Need some help please :-) , I have read through and found all the other posts about this, and have copied and pasted bits to use but have now got a bit confused.

so the hubby went away to work for two nights to Norwich, booked his own hotel online through booking.com. He received the email, but only skim read it to be sure all dates etc were correct, took a photo of the door codes and then deleted it

He Didn't think to read the part that said he would need to let them know his car reg details for the one free space he got with the booking! there were no signs in the hotel to say to do this either, he just assumed because he knew he had one free space per night that he could just park and go.

There does seem to be a sign on the wall, but its unreadable from the photos. it also would be dark and the signs were not lit or in a lit area.

So he went, he stayed and he parked. Today he received 2 pcns - NTK which is his work partner - one for each night.

first one, has 3 photos showing the car at 6.59am and 7.02am
    second one has 4 photos, showing the times 6.57, 6.57 and 6.59.

all photos taken by cctv.

He was actually leaving the car park at 7.10 and not arriving back until gone 6pm.

£60 each if paid within 14 days then up to £100.! for a free space!!

the reason for the PCN being issues is: 'vehicle not registered' - having gone back and recovered the deleted email he was meant to have logged on to http://www.bookmybay.com/ and register.

How to I go about appealing this, what should I say?

any help appreciated

Thanks

Kerry
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - from Norfolk Parking Enforcement

do I go down the route that yes it was an error on his part for not registering but we can prove he stayed there and we have the email confirmation stating there is one free car parking space per night, so to charge £120 for something that is free is ridiculous!!

Comment

Can you scan 1 up please (suitably sanitised).

It will probably be a case that keeper liability requirements have not been met and so we should win at popla. The registered keeper, who i'm assuming is the one the letters are addressed to, will be the one who has to put their name to it or name the driver (which is harder to win as driver).

M1

Comment

thank you for your reply.

I haven't done anything with this yet, I believe according to the appeal page I need to email them in the first instance stating im appealing and on what grounds.

please see attached the PCN's

thanks again
        Kerry
        Attached Files

Comment

I would say appeal and then when rejected go to popla based on the fact i believe the notice to keeper doesn't comply with PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. This does risk the charge being £100 rather than £60 but also potentially zero.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was a genuine customer. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

Remember each ticket is entirely different and needs dealt with on it's own.

M1

Comment

thank you I have now appealed both PCN's separately. It says it could be up to 35 days for the response.

Comment

hi, we have not heard anything back from this. Letter via email were submitted on 19th November, as it has been over 45 days since I appealed does this now mean I can forget about it and they cannot act any further?
              thank you

Comment

Sadly not. It's a breach of their code of practice but they'll probably get a gold star for that !

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  Sadly not. It's a breach of their code of practice but they'll probably get a gold star for that !

M1

ahh bugger. ok so I guess we just wait and se what happens

thank you :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X