• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd Parking Charge - Help and guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd Parking Charge - Help and guidance

Hi all

I'm a newbie to this forum and need someones help and advice on a Civil Enforcement Ltd parking charge notice.

So me and my partner had a lovely weekend choosing clothing, favours and all the rest of the engagement/wedding stuff you do when planning to get married. I read on the parking sign it was an hours free parking but turned out we went 13 minutes over (13 as well, how unlucky!)

I've read that you can appeal these charges and win cases so I'm looking to do the same (fingers crossed)!

Any one got any advice on how I begin the appeals process?

PCN Issue Date: 07/08/2015
    Incident Date: 01/008/2015

...on 1st August 2015 the above vehicle was parked at:
    PHONE AND PAY CAR PARK AT 169/193 SOHO ROAD, BIRMINGHAM B21 9SH
    from. 12:46:32 To 13:59:52
    We therefore require payment of the parking charge notice. In accordance with the parking terms and conditions clearly stated on the signage.

Payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage.
    amount due. Within 28day £100
    reduced amount is paid within 14 days £60

T
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd Parking Charge - Help and guidance

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom I am under no statutory obligation to name, did not see any signs.

In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If/when you get a popla code please let me know.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1

I'll send this letter via recorded tomorrow and will post the outcome as soon as I get it.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tsbansal View Post
        Thanks M1

I'll send this letter via recorded tomorrow and will post the outcome as soon as I get it.

T

Comment

Email sent on. Thanks M1

Jack, I believe it was in the car park off Soho Road outside KFC...jog any memories?

T

Comment

No reply back as of yet M1 regarding the appeals. Any idea of when they get back to you?

Comment

BPA guidelines say 35 days unless they notify you that it'll be longer. Having said that, nothing happens if they miss the deadline.

Should be 2/3 weeks, i'd think.

M1

Comment

Cheers M1, I'll keep you updated

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tsbansal View Post
                  Cheers M1, I'll keep you updated

T
                  Hi there. I've had a letter from the same company for a Car park in Ipswich. I didn't even know it was a charged car park.

Their website states they don't accept claims via email.

How did you get on? I'm going to send the M1 response via post today.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X