• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd - PCN

I've had a PCN from CEL too, asking for £60. They claimed that on 31st Jan this year I did "not pay in accordance with the signage", showing my time of arrival and departure. I always keep my tickets, and replied after the second letter enclosing a copy of the ticket showing that I still had 29 minutes remaining on the ticket (paid for an hour at £1). I didn't reply to the first letter, having seen online advice to ignore this particular company. Have just had another letter stating that "it is now too late to make an appeal/representation against this PCN". They say that if I do not reply within 14 days, 'we may take further action including instructing a debt recovery company and/or solicitors to recover the monies due.

Will the Parking Cowboys template letter be advisable? I've seen people on here talking about obtaining a Popla code, but can't see how to get one of these, nor do I quite get what this is for. Please could someone explain?

I really don't see why I should pay this fine - I paid for an hour and was parked for one minute over just half of that time - the ticket clearly shows the start and expiry time and I am well within it. I cannot believe that any court in the land would uphold this charge (although it is interesting to note that they don't mention a court summons... have they changed their tactics?).

Any advice would be most gratefully received. Reading through the threads here I think the time to send the Parking Cowboys template would have been after the first letter, unfortunately I hadn't seen this website then! I hope it will still be useful.

Edit: I have now Googled POPLA and discovered that the pcn code CEL gave is not valid according to POPLA. what does this mean - that I can't appeal via POPLA or that CEL's PCN is invalid? Because CEL haven't issued a POPLA appeal form, does this also mean that their PCN is invalid, or that I need to go some other route - or that i can just ignore it and any solicitor's letter they might send? I am worried that they might send balliffs round to collect money - what should I do if that happens?
    Last edited by Good Citizen; 4th April 2015, 23:39:PM. Reason: additional info
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - PCN

Did you appeal within 28 days of the 1st letter ?

Did they in fact give you a popla code and it doesn't work ? (it should only be valid for 28 days from date it was issued)

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Did you appeal within 28 days of the 1st letter ?

Did they in fact give you a popla code and it doesn't work ? (it should only be valid for 28 days from date it was issued)

M1
      No I didn't reply within 28 days as online advice seemed to suggest I should ignore them... but they didn't give me any code, only a PCN reference which is quoted on all the correspondence.

Comment

In that case you've told them you paid and they told you to get stuffed. Ignore any communication apart from a letter before action or court papers. Keep the appeal and the ticket safe.

M1

Comment

thanks Mystery1, will do - having dealt with county court papers a few years back in the course of my job, i am quite looking forward to receiving court papers and being able to blow them out of the water (so to speak)....! thanks for your advice, will let you know what happens next!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X