• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye notice - Dartford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye notice - Dartford

Hello.
    Can you please assist...

I parked in Dartford Prospect Place without purchasing a ticket at 5.15pm, unaware there were cameras. I believed the charge period ended at 6pm - though not sure (i'm not local).

I was working at the shopping centre that evening and thought after 6pm I was ok for the evening.

They filmed me leaving at 11.36 pm.

Today is the final day they'll allow a payment of £50.

I know I should have bought a ticket for (what I believe to be 45 mins) - I sat in my car till 5.50 anyway.

The charge i believe to be over the top.
    The notice from them gives no indication of what the rules in that car park are, and I cant check unless I go back there.

Is an appeal useful?

Greatful for your help..

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye notice - Dartford

An appeal in the right language usually works at the 2nd appeal stage. I'd be surprised from what you say if you won at the 1st appeal but 2nd stage (popla) is a different beast, thankfully.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, did not see any rules within the car park. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X