• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Ticket - Motorway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Ticket - Motorway

Hey all, i hope someone may be able to advise me on this situation. I have just received a parking ticket through the post today (09/02/15) for a parking charge on the motorway services.

There are a few things about this ticket that i need help with, the first is that i was not the driver of the car when this ticket was issued, i had loaned my car to my cousin who was visiting from south africa. He does not live in the UK. I assume that parking eye obtained my details from DVLA as i am the registered owner & keeper of the car. I am not sure that my cousin was aware that he had to pay for parking if he stayed over 2hrs & in this case he did stay over 2hrs according to the ticket. I am almost sure that every services i have been in to is adequately sign posted about the 2hr limit & obviously i would be aware of looking for parking signs whilst he may well not be used to looking out for parking restrictions.

The second issue is that this ticket has only landed in my door now. The ticket states the date of event was mid Jan, the date issued was 4 days later & then it says date under the payment tel number which is stated as beginning of Feb. The discounted parking charge of £60 has now elapsed as if it had been paid over the weekend it would have been £60 but seeing as i only received it today they will now want £100.

My question is what do i do about this ticket?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Ticket - Motorway

Write to PE saying that you are the keeper of the car and not the driver. Then tell them the name and address of the driver at the time. Seemple!

They used POFA to contact you, the keeper, and under POFA you have no liabilty if you name the driver.

Will they write to your cousin? Probably not. Will they complain? Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by dagsky View Post
      Hey all, i hope someone may be able to advise me on this situation. I have just received a parking ticket through the post today (09/02/15) for a parking charge on the motorway services.

There are a few things about this ticket that i need help with, the first is that i was not the driver of the car when this ticket was issued, i had loaned my car to my cousin who was visiting from south africa. He does not live in the UK. I assume that parking eye obtained my details from DVLA as i am the registered owner & keeper of the car. I am not sure that my cousin was aware that he had to pay for parking if he stayed over 2hrs & in this case he did stay over 2hrs according to the ticket. I am almost sure that every services i have been in to is adequately sign posted about the 2hr limit & obviously i would be aware of looking for parking signs whilst he may well not be used to looking out for parking restrictions.

The second issue is that this ticket has only landed in my door now. The ticket states the date of event was mid Jan, the date issued was 4 days later & then it says date under the payment tel number which is stated as beginning of Feb. The discounted parking charge of £60 has now elapsed as if it had been paid over the weekend it would have been £60 but seeing as i only received it today they will now want £100.

My question is what do i do about this ticket?

Can you post up the letter with your name, address, reg number and reference numbers please. Leave dates on it.

M1

Comment

thanks for the info & help, i'm not keen on uploading personally identifying information on an open forum & as such have edited out personal information as i can't see how not having this information would hinder your help. Hope you understand.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dagsky View Post
          thanks for the info & help, i'm not keen on uploading personally identifying information on an open forum & as such have edited out personal information as i can't see how not having this information would hinder your help. Hope you understand.

It's ok that was a mistake on my part. I meant to say without. Quite correctly you decided to leave these out as everybody should. You did take some dates off but i think i have enough there anyway.

I'd appeal, which you are well within time to do.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

I received my first communication from yourselves dated 02/02/15 which i received on 09/02/15. This is made to look like a reminder however no initial notice was received and i note from this reminder that the deemed service of the mysterious 1st letter would have been just 5 days prior to the date of the reminder which would be too soon in my opinion. As the first letter from you that was actually served upon me was outside the relevant period for keeper liability (pofa 2012 schedule 4 para 9) then as keeper i have no liability anyway.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1

Comment

very much appreciated Mystery1! Should i do this appeal to parking eye via their website at www.parkingeye.co.uk/appeal or should i send a recorded letter to them?

Comment

I'm a cheapskate so unless my boss buys the stamps i use the web and even if i post i still back up with the wb.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X