• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Advice

I have today (30th January) received the letter below from Parking Eye dated 15 January 2015. I did not receive the original PCN letter it refers to.
    I changed address shortly before the "Date of Event: 06 December 2014". There was a delay with the DVLA updating my details and my mail re-direction service failed so I assume the original PCN is one of the items Royal Mail mis-delivered.

The letter says: The 29 days have now passed and the amount now payable is £85.00, this payment is required within 14 days to avoid further action."
    As this letter was redirected and delayed, it is now 14 already over days after it was sent.

Please would someone advise me how to proceed? Is it best to just pay the fine now?

If there is any way I can still appeal/complain, here's an overview. I understand the car park at the retail park allows 45 minutes parking free of charge, after which time you must purchase a ticket. On the day in question I spent more than £40 in one of the stores at the retail park (I have the receipt). I then briefly visited other stores at the park but did not purchase anything. I am not sure how much time over the 45 minutes I stayed but I don't believe it would have been very long.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

Re: Parking Eye Advice

Are the driver and registered keeper the same person ?

M1

Comment

Yes they are

Comment

You could tell them that this is your first note of this and lodge an appeal. They may or may not believe/ignore you.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X