• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN action from QDR Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN action from QDR Solicitors

Hi All.

I've received a couple of letters from QDR who are chasing a PCN from May 2024. The car was parked in a residential area that requires a resident permit to be displayed. I actually didn't park there, I'm only the registered keeper who's being chased for £170. The original PCN of £100 is from ALL PARKING SERVICES UK LTD who passed it on to ZZPS.

To date I haven't responded to any letter, plus QDR or ZZPS haven't provided any evidence of the alleged offence, although I don't know if they have any.

Can anyone advise please if these people have any chance of court action to recover the debt?

Many Thanks.

(I tried to attach a pic of their letter and the locations parking notice, but the site said I'm not authorised to create attachments).
    Last edited by fake pilot; 3rd September 2024, 18:26:PM.
    Tags: None

try uploading to a hosting site and post a link here

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

try uploading to a hosting site and post a link here
      Or try making another post and see if it now lets you attach them. I have it in mind from somewhere that you can’t attach things to a first post but you can to subsequent posts. Worth a try.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Will try again, if not will send a host link.

Regards.

Comment

Pics here.

Attached Files

Comment

So write to QDR telling them you need more information to understand their allegations, for example but not limited to a copy of the original Notice to Keeper of which you have no recollection
            Do not identify the driver

Comment

Thanks DES8 for your post. I've done that and have been waiting for their reply. This is what they've said:

If you wish to view photographic evidence of the contravention, you will need to visit the following link and enter your reg number and PCN ref.

We appreciate you have advised that you did not receive the initial correspondence relating to this PCN. Our clients record confirms that all correspondence has been sent to the address that was supplied to them by the DVLA at the time of contravention.

Our clients consider they have followed the correct process and that no previous correspondence can be re-issued. Our only instruction by our client is to recover the outstanding payment in full.

Your file has been placed on hold for 14 days to allow time for payment .

Comment

"Our clients consider they have followed the correct process and that no previous correspondence can be re-issued."

So write and tell them that if their client cannot produce a copy of any documents sent to the registered keeper they will have difficulty in court proving they have complied with the requirements of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.
                Bearing that in mind they will not be able to transfer liability for any unpaid parking charges from the driver to the registered keeper, and even if you knew the details you would not identify the driver

Accordingly you do not expect to hear further from them except to confirm they have removed your details from their data base.

Comment

Many thanks for your advice, I will forward that to them and update on their reply.

Regards.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X