• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reduced Payment accepted but still claiming the full amount through DCBL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Payment accepted but still claiming the full amount through DCBL

I received a PCN which I barely agreed with but photo evidence was marginal and I decided to pay the reduced fee of £60 within 14 days (instead of £100 in 28). This payment was accepted. However I have since been informed that because I paid by cheque the money 'cleared' after the deadline and therefore I owe another £50 which made no sense as it was never £110.

I then received a letter from DCBL saying I owed £170. I spoke to them and they agreed that this was unusual and she agreed to speak to someone. No one came back to me. I have now received another letter from DCBL for outstanding £110.

There are mistakes everywhere which annoy me. But ultimately is it my responsibility to ensure that the cheque cleared prior to 14 days? Does the postal rule count here? Does accepting the payment of £60 not negate any of the other claim for the outstanding £40. I never offered £60 as an instalment or part-payment only in full settlement as invited within 14 days.

Any help gratefully recieved.
    Tags: None

What a load of codswallop.

Even if there was an outstanding amount it could not be more than the original parking charge!

Was the PCN even received in time for you to pay the reduced amount within the 14 days of issue date?
    Did they delay paying the cheque into the bank?

This is just the parking company and their debt collectors trying it on.
    If you dispute it further (which you should in writing to both parties (first class post with free certificate of posting from post office)the chances are they will ignore you.
    Their next move could be a letter before claim from DCB LEGAL, followed by a court claim which you should defend.

These companies only want your money and will continue the pressure right to the last minute, sometimes just not turning up for the court case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X