• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Notice from Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Notice from Smart Parking

Hi, my wife recently received a parking charge from Smart Parking. There are two car parks, one operated by the local council and the other by Smart Parking, they both are accessed via the same junction from the main road and are separated by a small car height wall. The council car park is the smaller of the 2 holding about 12 cars. The driver parked in the larger smart parking operated car park, which uses ANPR, and bought a ticket from the council's machine or actually via the PayByPhone app. Over 2 weeks after, she received the parking charge and she is anticipating another because the driver did exactly the same the following week.

There are signs saying you have to pay etc. but there's absolutely nothing there by either car park saying there are two operators in the area. The fact the driver has done it twice and paid in the wrong machine surely strengthens the fact it's confusing?

Thanks!
    Tags: None

Of course its confusing... that's how operators like Smart Parking maximise their income!

Can you please post up a photo of both sides of the parking charge, first removing Name & address, Reg number and reference number.
    Leave in all dates and times.
    Best to use a hosting site and post link on here.

At same time I am requesting admin edit your post so that driver cannot be identified.
    Do not identify driver on here or when writing to these companies

EXC or ULA could you please edit OP's post so that third line reads ".....The driver parked in the larger....." and fifth line reads "...another because the driver did exactly the same the following week." and final line reads "...The fact the driver has done it twice....."

Comment

Done.

Comment

des8

​​​​​​​https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DRh...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQu...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

So your wife can write to Smart Parking along the following lines:

Dear Sir,
          I am in receipt of your Parking Charge Notice (PCN), which has been sent to me as the registered keeper of the vehicle.

I note it does not comply with the regulations as set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, (PoFA 2012) schedule 4 and therefore cannot be relied upon as a Notice to Keeper

I am under no obligation to identify the driver and will not be doing so.

Yours faithfully.

Note if you are a Welsh speaker you might wish to translate it into Welsh (see here why https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ising-judgment )

In any event Smart Parking will possibly not even read (nor understand) the letter, but just send out a template response chasing the money.
          Last edited by des8; 17th March 2024, 19:36:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            I am under no obligation to identify the keeper, and will not be doing so.
            Did you mean "the driver"?

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thank you des8 and yes I am first language Welsh

Comment

PallasAthena Well spotted ..thanks & have now edited post

Comment

The signs unfortunately are bilingual but it still doesn't stop me contacting them in Welsh I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Gsus101 View Post
                    Thank you des8 and yes I am first language Welsh
                    You have the advantage of me there.
                    My Welsh is ,shall I say, poor, unlike my children, one of whom teaches English language through Welsh in a Welsh medium secondary school!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X