• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge from CP PLus and DCBL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge from CP PLus and DCBL

SEARCH RESULT

Search Results: 1 result in 0.0139 seconds.
    Keywords

Members

Tags
    • Sort By RelevanceTitleMembersDate - started postDate - last updateRepliesThanksEvent StartDate - last update
    • Order DescendingAscendingDescending

• LordWuhan419
      LordWuhan419 started a topic Parking Ticket
      in Welcome Forum
      Today, 09:34:AM
      Subscribed
      Hello, I need help having a parking charge dismissed here is the story.

I'm a member of the "Thegym", my home club is in **********, I travelled to Portsmouth on the 29/11/2023 to visit my mother, I upgraded my gym membership so I could access different gyms and added Portsmouth as a second gym. I proceeded to go to Portsmouth at 18:14pm and parked in the gym car park and attempted to enter the gym. I buzzed on the help button for a member of staff because I could not access the gym as a new member no one came to help me or informed me that I had to sign in my vehicle or I would receive a fine this was not clear information as a new member as there was no signage inside the gym to indicate I had to sign in. Eventually the doors opened and I was able to exercise in the gym which was my intention. I returned to the gym the next day on 30/11/2023 to exercise again.

2 weeks later I received a parking charge with the reference code of **********89 which I appealed on the basis that I am a member of the gym and am allowed to park in the car park. I won this appeal on the 15/01/2023 and the email confirming I had won the appeal from CP Plus Ltd included the line "Please disregard any letters received, that relate to this Parking Charge, that predate this correspondence." So I disregarded further letters from group nexus as I thought the case had been closed, however the issue is I had been fined for both days I had attended the gym and the reference number was almost identical being **********88 which had caused the confusion as I thought this matter was resolved, had I known I would've appealed both tickets.

On 16/02/2024 I received a letter dated 12/02/2024 from Direct Collections Bailiffs Ltd, saying I could no longer appeal the parking charge and can only appeal in court or make payment of £170, I feel this is unfair for me to pay this ticket because I should of never received this ticket as I am a member of TheGym and have already won an appeal for the same thing 1 day apart. I spoke to ********** at Direct Collections Bailiffs Ltd and he told me those were my two options and he provided little to zero help on the situation. I attended the gym on 26/01/2024 and spoke to a member of staff at the gym and he told me how to sign up for parking and told me to appeal any tickets I receive for parking at the gym. Since then I have always promptly signed in whenever I park in the car park. What should I do?
    Tags: None

DCB ltd are only debt collectors, so write telling them the debt is being disputed so they should return the matter to their principals. (they won't, but you need to go through the system!)

Also write to CPPlus, putting in a late appeal for the reasons you outlined above
    When you do this, do not identify the driver... just say "the dreiver is a member of the club" and "The Driver did thios , that & the other..."
    Again they probably won't accept it

Have you asked the Gym to instruct CPPlus to cancel the charge?

Do you still have the PCN?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X