• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt recovery letter - but received no pcns before HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt recovery letter - but received no pcns before HELP

Hi so I received a letter last Friday saying I have to pay £170 fine from Debt Recovery Plus by 8th December with no appeal. This was related to me apparently not parking within the lines in a supermarket car park on the 25th October.

The DRP letter was dated sent 24th Nov but didn't receive it for a bit.

However, they have no photo or video evidence and I've not received any PCNs. This has never happened before to me.

It was to my old address where my brother still lives. However, he is adamant no letters about PCNs have been sent.

Has anyone got any advice about what to do?

I'm quite stressed and scared. Not sure whether to phone or how else to contact them
    Tags: None

Debt Recovery plus are only debt collectors and have no teeth, so no need to stress.

Send a Subject Access Request to the parking company asking for all they hold about you, but especially copies of all and any parking charge notices.
    Don't even suggest you might have been the driver.
    send first class post with free certificate of posting from post office

write to debt collector telling them you are in contact with the parking company to find out what they are talking about

Do not phone either company

Comment

Should I do it by email or post?
      Could you draft a template that I could use? That would be really helpful. Thank you, that's really helpful!

Comment

Subject Access Request (SAR)
        [Your full address]

[Phone number]

[The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

[Your full name and address, any previous address/names and any other details to help identify you and the data you want.]

Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

In particular I require any Parking Charge Notices and subsequent letters you may have sent

If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

[Signature]

Comment

Thank you so much! Would you suggest emailing or writing to debt recovery plus? They only left a phone number on their letter.

Comment

write or email just to get them off your back at the moment
            Do not 'phone

Comment

Would this work?

Hello,

I am writing in regards to a letter I received on the XXXX that was sent on the XXX (ref: XXXX).

I am writing to inform you that I am currently in contact with your client XXXX to find out more information about the parking fine they are speaking about.

Regards,
              XXXXXX

Comment

yep

Just add that you don't expect to hear from them again as the matter is in dispute

And I would not end "regards"...... too friendly when dealing with DCAs!

Just "Dear sirs" to start and "yours faithfully" to end

Comment

Thank you! I sent an email to both (using your template). You've been a big help!

Comment

You're welcome.
                    When you receive a response feel free to revert to this thread

Comment

Hiya, I finally received the documents. They have sent me the info in a zip file - information that I never received. It shows they sent me two letters, but I never received either letter in the post. Could you advise me on what to do next?

Comment

They have also sent me this along with photo evidence where I was slightly out of the bay. However, this is my first time receiving any of this information.

Comment

Next to do is post up what they have sent you (first removing identifying details but do leave in all dates and times.
                          Also photo of the signs might be useful if you can obtain them easily

Comment

Hi, could you clarify what you mean? Do you mean send the debt recovery letter that I received?

Comment

Send everything you have!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X