• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking : Pcn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking : Pcn

Firstly, Hi to everyone, glad to be a part of the community.
    Unfortunately, keeper and driver just received a PCN from Smart Parking. I'm all for appealing cases, fines, speeding cameras , bloody debt collectors etc...., so this is my first port of call. I've attached pics of the notice. My arguments are; A) There is absolutely no evidence of the parking time being violated as the vehicle is not in a bay, and is being driven as the charge clearly states " entering" and "exiting" ( so not parked !!!). B) The date stamp of Contravention 11/05/2023, Not Issued Until : 12/06/2023 and not received until 17/06/2023. ( Surely this contradicts any 14 day notification period, (but not sure about the ‘Protection of Freedoms Act)) ?. C) The pictures do not show any entering or exiting of the Knightswick Shopping Centre ( they could be of any random location), unless they have larger pictures. Any template letter would be appreciated. The offence.... apparently as there is no notification of what it is, is " arriving " at 13.47 and " departing" at 14.35, which is obviously less than an hour. The driver/keeper is adamant an 1 hour slot was paid for...................unfortunately, like most, the ticket has been thrown. Any help/advice really appreciated. Thanks Fieldsy. Sorry, says not authorized to post attachments so have added hyperlinks, hope thats ok.

Also, there was nothng attached to the windscreen, they have obviously contacted DVLA for keeper details.

https://ibb.co/0hRqF0j

https://ibb.co/PDFxm2y
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Fieldsy View Post
    Firstly, Hi to everyone, glad to be a part of the community.
    Unfortunately, *keeper*
    *Edit your post...do not ID the driver.
    just received a PCN from Smart Parking. I'm all for appealing cases, fines, speeding cameras , bloody debt collectors etc...., so this is my first port of call. I've attached pics of the notice. My arguments are; A) There is absolutely no evidence of the parking time being violated as the vehicle is not in a bay, and is being driven as the charge clearly states " entering" and "exiting" ( so not parked !!!). B) The date stamp of Contravention 11/05/2023, Not Issued Until : 12/06/2023 and not received until 17/06/2023. ( Surely this contradicts any 14 day notification period, (but not sure about the ‘Protection of Freedoms Act)) ?. C) The pictures do not show any entering or exiting of the Knightswick Shopping Centre ( they could be of any random location), unless they have larger pictures. Any template letter would be appreciated. The offence.... apparently as there is no notification of what it is, is " arriving " at 13.47 and " departing" at 14.35, which is obviously less than an hour. The driver/keeper is adamant an 1 hour slot was paid for...................unfortunately, like most, the ticket has been thrown. Any help/advice really appreciated. Thanks Fieldsy. Sorry, says not authorized to post attachments so have added hyperlinks, hope thats ok.

Also, there was nothng attached to the windscreen, they have obviously contacted DVLA for keeper details.

https://ibb.co/0hRqF0j

https://ibb.co/PDFxm2y
    Well out of time for keeper liability.
    Appeal as registered keeper, state that it is out of time per s9, Schedule 4, Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Keep a copy & get proof of sending
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi. I am just about to pay £180 fine for parking in buzz bingo car park in January 2019. I parked in a blue badge space as I am severely disabled. We looked around for a payment machine and signage to make payment but nothing was very clear. We then saw 2 members of staff entering buzz bingo and asked them if it was ok to park there. They said yes it was. I then got a photo of my car number plate and a demand for £60. I immediately wrote back to appeal with a photo of my blue badge. They said they needed bingo membership number. I did not have one so ignored this. Then four and a half years later they’ve sent me court form to fill in. They said do not ignore so I wrote to appeal telling them about my situation. They then wrote back saying the claimant wishes to proceed and wants £315. They said to settle out of court to call them, which I did and got it reduced to £180 if I pay within 7 days or go through court precedings.
      Does anyone know what will happen if I do not pay please?

Comment

Qwerty678 best to start your own thread this question will get lost in the the OPs answers

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Appeal as registered keeper, state that it is out of time per s9, Schedule 4, Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Keep a copy & get proof of sending
          CharityNJW. I am sorry but am confused with your reference to schedule 4. This is obviously a notice to keeper and therefore s4 (4) Schedule 4 PFA 2012
          applies or am I missing something

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Hi, thanks so much for response, is there a template letter to download where I can fill in the relevant information to appeal as keeper, and state the S9, Schedule 4 ?. Thank you, very much appreciated.

apologies for late response, bloody pc has broken and using tablet to access the web

Comment

Originally posted by tesla6518 View Post

CharityNJW. I am sorry but am confused with your reference to schedule 4. This is obviously a notice to keeper and therefore s4 (4) Schedule 4 PFA 2012
              applies or am I missing something
              See PoFA Sch 4 s9(5).
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X