• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Capital Parking Control advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Capital Parking Control advice

Hi all,

Could you please let me know if it is possible to challenge the PCN attached and what the steps are.

The driver entered this area and after struggling to find the concierge for about 15-20 minutes finally went to the concierge and registered the number plate with the reception.
    However, now as the keeper I have received the PCN and looks like the time that was over was only 24 minutes and it feels very unfair.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    B
    Tags: None

Attaching the PCN this time.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the sign please.

If you are posting it today (3 March) you received it within 14 days of the alleged contravention (19 February).
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bobosh13 View Post
        Attaching the PCN this time.
        Strange move, redacting the first digit of the issue date.
        I guess there was a logical explanation?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Strange move, redacting the first digit of the issue date.
          I guess there was a logical explanation?
          Issue date is 27 Feb 2023. Not sure why redacted it

Comment

Issue date is 27 Feb 2023. Not sure why redacted it
            A slip of the tippex, perhaps.

The Notice seems to have all the correct wording needed for compliance.
            Can you confirm that the vehicle details are correct?
            Location of alleged contravention?
            Is it privately owned, or is it a hired/leased vehicle? Company vehicle?

Is there anything else that you can think of which might affect the validity of the Notice?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Is there anything else that you can think of which might affect the validity of the Notice?
              Are you sure that notice complies?
              I cannot see where the keeper is invited to pay (PoFA 2012 sec9 (2) (e)
              nor does it comply with sec 9 (2) (d)
              nor does it identify who the creditor is sec9 (2) (h)
              and possibly it fails to specify a period of parking (eg should it not state period of parking 1hour 24 minutes, not just show times of entry and departure) sec9 (2) (a)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Are you sure that notice complies?
                I cannot see where the keeper is invited to pay (PoFA 2012 sec9 (2) (e)
                nor does it comply with sec 9 (2) (d)
                nor does it identify who the creditor is sec9 (2) (h)
                and possibly it fails to specify a period of parking (eg should it not state period of parking 1hour 24 minutes, not just show times of entry and departure) sec9 (2) (a)
                ".....you should let us know........"

I've seen judges deciding that phrasing such as this is enough to satisfy the mandatory requirement.

Unlike default notices under CCA 1974, the wording isn't prescribed, so it's judges lottery time imho.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Realise that judges can make peculiar decisions at times (been a victim of that myself), but not all are like that.

If not mandatory what does "(2)The notice must—" mean?

If it gets as far as court I would certainly argue about noncompliance with PoFA

Comment

The vehicle details are correct. Location of the alleged contravention is correct. It's a privately owned vehicle.

Comment

Realise that judges can make peculiar decisions at times (been a victim of that myself), but not all are like that.

If not mandatory what does "(2)The notice must—" mean?

If it gets as far as court I would certainly argue about noncompliance with PoFA
                      Imho it could go either way.

8(2)(e) & 9(2(e) state only that the creditor doesn't know the driver's name or address, & so 'invites' the keeper to either pay the charge, or alternatively, to give the name of the driver & current address for service, etc.
                      There is no requirement of the exact wording to use.

Similarly the period of parking.
                      The entry & exit times does enough to evidence a period of parking.

But yes, no harm in challenging it.

It would be an advantage to see the whole of the Notice, not the truncated version which has been posted above. Also the reverse side.

Schedule 4 is not, imho, a particularly precise piece of legislative drafting, unlike Bennion's CCA.
                      Last edited by charitynjw; 4th March 2023, 14:23:PM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So what is the signage? is it clear? Is it well displayed?

Comment

So what is the signage? is it clear? Is it well displayed?
                          Attaching the signage.

I have spoken to the concierge where you need register the number plate when visiting. They couldn't find anyting in the system for that day. Not only for my vehicle buy any other cars. They said they don't see anything in the system for 17-20 February and said to appeal saying the system didn't record it correctly.

What do you think is the best way of appealing?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Imho it could go either way.

8(2)(e) & 9(2(e) state only that the creditor doesn't know the driver's name or address, & so 'invites' the keeper to either pay the charge, or alternatively, to give the name of the driver & current address for service, etc.
                            There is no requirement of the exact wording to use.

Similarly the period of parking.
                            The entry & exit times does enough to evidence a period of parking.

But yes, no harm in challenging it.

It would be an advantage to see the whole of the Notice, not the truncated version which has been posted above. Also the reverse side.

Schedule 4 is not, imho, a particularly precise piece of legislative drafting, unlike Bennion's CCA.
                            Attaching the back of the PCN
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attaching the signage.

I have spoken to the concierge where you need register the number plate when visiting. They couldn't find anyting in the system for that day. Not only for my vehicle buy any other cars. They said they don't see anything in the system for 17-20 February and said to appeal saying the system didn't record it correctly.

What do you think is the best way of appealing?
                              Get that in writing.

Nothing much to argue about re the sign(s).
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X