• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt recovery plus PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt recovery plus PCN

Hi guys,

I've had this through the post today, I must not have updated the registered address to my current address as it says they've sent other letters.

Basically my grandad was doing some travelling, got lost and pulled into the drop off at Heathrow to get his bearings, he says he was there no more than 5 mins and didn't realise he had to pay.

It was over 3 months ago now, what should i do?

Cheers.
    Tags: None

PCN.
    Attached Files

Comment

Edit your post so the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. so "the driver was doing some travelling..."

As PoFA doesn't apply here (because of airport byelaws meaning it's not relevant land) - they cannot utilise 'keeper liability' to pursue you, altho' they will probably try and say it is assumed you were the driver.

So write and tell them you weren't the driver, and that as PoFA 2012 does not apply they cannot transfer liability to you, the registered keeper.
      Add that there is no legal requirement for you to name the driver, and you will not be doing so.

You tell them not to bother sending more letters and they should delete your details from their database (but you will get more letters (!)

Comment

Hi thanks for that. I should send the letter through the post? Or better to email? I can't figure out how to edit my original post.

Comment

I prefer snail mail with free certificate of posting from post office.

RE editing your post, in the blue bar at the bottom of the post is an "edit" button that should allow you back into your post

Comment

Hi des8

I sent over what you advised above and got a phone call from a woman being very aggressive and using threatening language, she basically shouted over everything I said. She said if I didn't pay they'd take me to court.

She sent further correspondence by email which seems to the the original notice which I didn't receive - it was sent to my previous address and the body of the email.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Comment

you have a number of choices:
              1) ignore them
              2) write and tell them that all future communications must be in writing (hard copy) as you do not appreciate attempts at verbal bullying by their employees
              3) reaffirm that they cannot transfer liability from the driver to the registered keeper as PoFA 2012 does not apply for reasons already given, and if they send further communications, other than to confirm removal of your details from their database, those communications will be taken as harassment and dealt with accordingly

PS if that was the original Notice to Keeper ..........

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X