• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I let this go to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I let this go to court

Ok hear we go
    my mother got a ticket for “not parking in the bay correctly” it turns out she could not park in the box as she is disabled and needed to open the door fully to get out of the car so she moved over 2 feet due to a car park in the bay next to her in a normal space, I’ve since found out parking bays should have 1.2 m yellow hatched line either side of the bay to allow disabled to have more room, this parking bay didn’t have this on both sides. Also BPA rules say the rule board should be displayed in the disabled area and easily read by someone in a wheelchair, this car park does not have this. I appealed on her behalf and lost I appealed to POPLA and lost, in fact their advice was to reverse in which I have complained about. I went back to the original company and complained as they are in breach of their own guidelines as they do not have rules where disabled can read them, and the parking bays are not as per government guidelines, they said I’ve lost so basically pay up.

I wrote to the supermarket who own the car park they didn’t respond.

id like to see what a judge thinks, I know the law or rules can be broken if justified so surely she was justified to break their rules.

thanks
    Tags: None

if that happened to me i would let them go to court, take some pictures of the bay and do it for every disabled person that gets into that situation - Judges are remarkably fair -

Comment

Originally posted by Philluk View Post
      id like to see what a judge thinks, I know the law or rules can be broken if justified so surely she was justified to break their rules.
      Haven't you answered your own question?

Make sure you have available all available photographs and other evidence, and that you make all the arguments that you have described.

Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X