• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - 14-Day Period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - 14-Day Period

Evening,

The keeper of the vehicle noted in the documentation below has received a PCN for parking their car for longer than the 3-hour 'free tariff' duration.

The PCN and car park signage for the incident can be viewed below.

Reading the Citizens Advice website, it is the driver's understanding that as the PCN was issued 14 days after the parking took place, there is a chance that the PCN can be successfully appealed. However, there is no reference to the Protection of Freedoms Act on the PCN (from what the driver can see). Therefore, the driver is unsure whether it likely that their appeal will be successful.

Please can someone advise if it is worth appealing, and if so, what to write as part of the appeal to the parking company.

Thanks in advance for the help. Any queries, please advise.

Tags: None

It seems the PCN has not uploaded...

PCN Redacted.pdf

Comment

ostell sorry to tag you, but I've seen you on other threads offering advice. Please could you advise?

Comment

The driver did not receive the PCN, how could they? Get editing.

This is a notice to hirer so the 14 day limit does not apply.

With the notice to hirer did you also receive a copy of the original PCN and a copy of the hire agreement. Probably not so:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

Send to arrive on day 21 so that they can't reissue within the relevant period. First class post with a free certificate of posting from any post office

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          The driver did not receive the PCN, how could they? Get editing.

This is a notice to hirer so the 14 day limit does not apply.

With the notice to hirer did you also receive a copy of the original PCN and a copy of the hire agreement. Probably not so:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

Send to arrive on day 21 so that they can't reissue within the relevant period. First class post with a free certificate of posting from any post office
          Thanks for the advice. I cannot edit post, any ideas?

Comment

Ask admin, they may edit for you. You have timed out.

Comment

Originally posted by giraffe11 View Post

Thanks for the advice. I cannot edit post, any ideas?
              Which post do you need editing and how?

Comment

Post #1 identifies the driver. Basically the keeper received the notice.

Comment

Ta, sorted.

Comment

Could you sort a little more please

Comment

Post is now viewable again. No need for re-post.

Comment

4817683_ARC.JTH.V001 [1].pdf

ostell cc.

Hello there,

I have received a response to my appeal. Please see attached.

Please can you advise next steps. Would it to continue with same appeal to POPLA?

Thank-you in advance.

Giraffe11

Comment

Hello - is anybody out there?

Comment

You appeal to POPLA with the same reason

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X