• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP parking fine query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCP parking fine query

Hi,

Have i got grounds to dispute this PCN?

Date of incident: 9th June
    Date of sending this Notice: 28th July.
    Cost £100 or paying within 14 days £60
    Pay by date : 25/08/21

The driver of the above vehicle is liable for a Parking Charge of £100. The charge relates to a period of parking specified in this document, the charge having been incurred due to the following breach of the car park T&Cs of use. Parked longer than the time paid for and liabily for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site (site address) at the time of parking.
    The breach relating to the period of parking was recorded by an approved ANPR camera.

Tags: None

If there was no windscreen ticket then:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class mail with a free certificate of posting from a post office

would help to see a redacted copy of the NTK, but the dates left

Comment

ostell

Hi, there was no windscreen ticket. They have ANPR cameras which picked up images of my car leaving and entering the car park.
      I can print that reply you provided above and sign it, then post at the Post Office?

The NCP letter (below) comes across pretty strong, do you think will they reply back to the letter i send them?

Letter contents:

Date of incident: 9th June
      Date of sending this Notice: 28th July.
      Cost £100 or paying within 14 days £60
      Pay by date : 25/08/21

The driver of the above vehicle is liable for a Parking Charge of £100. The charge relates to a period of parking specified in this document, the charge having been incurred due to the following breach of the car park T&Cs of use. Parked longer than the time paid for and liabily for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site (site address) at the time of parking.
      The breach relating to the period of parking was recorded by an approved ANPR camera.

Payment is now required to the sum of £100, which must be paid no later than 28 days from the date this notice is given. However, if payment is received within 14 days from the date this notice is given, then a reduced amount of £60 will be accepted in full and final settlement.

We, National Car Parks Limited, are the creditor. At the time of this notice we do not know both the name of the driver and a current address for the service for the driver and as the registered keeper of the vehicle -

YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO :

(I) Pay the unpaid Parking Charges; or
      (ii) If you were not the driver of the vehicle, to notify us (in writing using the Driver Identification Form on the reverse) of the name of the driver and current address for service for the driver AND pass this Notice on to the driver.

Please be warned: that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the Notice is given the amount of the unpaid Parking Charge specified in this Notice has not been paid in full, further recovery action will be taken to secure payment.

Additional charges may be recovered from the liable party if debt recovery action or court proceedings become necessary.

This notice is deemed to have been given to you on the second working day after the date of sending the above.

You must choose to either pay OR appeal this notice. If you choose to pay, any subsequent appeal will not be heard.

Comment

That's why I gave you that appeal

Comment

ostell

The back of the NCP letter states that i can challenge either
          - Online (their preferred method of communication)
          - By Post, sending a letter.

Online would be quicker but i guess there is further merit in postal method?

Comment

I would prefer via first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office
            If you send online beware of the drop downs that default to driver and take a screenshot of each page you complete

Comment

Hi, i've not had a reply back yet, i posted the letter on 6th August. Shall i contact them?

Comment

Can take some time, they've got go work out a scary way to say no without seeming too idiotic

Comment

today i received a letter saying i've not paid the original £60 and therefore its gone to £100. If i dont pay it will go to debt agency !!
                  regarding complaints they state: It is now too late for you to submit a representation against this notice. If you have any other complaint against this Parking Charge Notice, then you must write to us at NCP....

i feel frustrated and annoyed the letter i sent them has not been dealt with, god knows what they have done with it.

What shall i do?

Comment

So you write back to them again stating that you have already appealed and sent it on xxxxx . Here is the certificate of posting and enclosed is a copy of your appeal

Now you see why I suggest mail with certificate.

Comment

I posted the letter to NCP this morning and checked the post in the afternoon. lo and behold i receive an NCP letter stating:

Your appeal has been reviewed and has been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by our ANPR cameras, which record your entry and exit times. Having considered the content of your letter this notice has been cancelled.

Wish i did not send 2nd letter letter to them this morning, but hopefully the matter is closed.

cheers ostell.

Comment

Well done. Put that letter in a safe place

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X