• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPM parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPM parking fine

Hi All,

I am not sure how to respond to this parking fine but I know there are some really good people on here who do know and can help me.

I have uploaded the PCN below. I did not receive any ticket on my car just this letter that has come in the post yesterday.

I need to reply back to them so any help in writing the reply would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks.

Tags: None

Just reflagging this one guys.

Comment

So what do the signs say as it's unauthorised parking.

Comment

Thanks for your reply ostell. I will go back to the location and take some photos of the signage.

Comment

Hi ostell

There were 2 signs which are both the same as attached.

Let me know what you think I should reply with.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Forbidding sign. The sign is not offering a contract to park for Unauthorised vehicles and non visitors, though a contract cannot be made with a vehicle.

Here's my text about forbidding signs but involving permits. The principle is the same

The signage in the car park is of a “forbidding” nature. It is limited to cars displaying a valid permit only and therefore the terms cannot apply to cars without a permit because the signage does not offer an invitation to park on certain terms. The terms are forbidding. This means that there was never a contractual relationship. I refer you to the following case law: PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016], Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] – In all three of these cases the signage was found to be forbidding and thus only a trespass had occurred and would be a matter for the landowner.

Comment

Thanks, ostell Should I draft this into an email and send it over to them or send it in the post?

Comment

Send it by post and you can get a free certificate of posting from a post office

Comment

Thanks again ostell I will get this sent in the post and get a receipt. I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    Send it by post and you can get a free certificate of posting from a post office
                    Hi, how did you get on? I got a ticket from the same firm, parked near a hospital, I had gout an unable to walk to the appointment at the hospital, i found this quiet spot and my wife waited in the car whilst i was gone for 15-20 mins.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hmeah View Post

Hi, how did you get on? I got a ticket from the same firm, parked near a hospital, I had gout an unable to walk to the appointment at the hospital, i found this quiet spot and my wife waited in the car whilst i was gone for 15-20 mins.

Thanks
                      The lastest is that after I sent my reply to CPM I have had a couple of letters back from a firm called Debt Recovery Plus which are asking for £170. They have not acknowledged my reply to CPM and the wording is as follows - You may not have responded to previous letters due to an oversight. Now, if you don't respond, you are making an active choice. Our client reserves the right to take this as evidence of your intent not to pay.

ostell I hope you can help with how I should reply or should I just not respond?

Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X