• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pofa compliant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pofa compliant

Hi,

Could anyone please check through this ntk and see if it is pofa compliant. I am writing up my witness statement so this would be useful to prove no liability towards the keeper.
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

I presume this was after a notice on the windscreen. They have failed to give the invitation to keeper in the format mandated by 8 (2) (e) nor have they given the period of parking required by 8 (2) (a)

What are the dates?

This should have gone into your defence.

What did the signs say?

Comment

issued in april 2019, the signs obstructed by trees and branches stated no parking at any time. I'm defending as keeper. Also the other parties solicitor wouldn't release the copy of the NTK before the deadline for the defence

Comment

Is this in connection with your other thread? If so get the mods to merge it so that we know all that's connected with this?

Would the solicitors be DCB Legal by any chance?

So what was that you posted then , other than a NTK?

More important is a defence. Have you written one yet?

I hope you have photos of the obstructed signs.

So the signs are prohibiting, they are not offering a contract to park. To claim that a re contract to park existed when it is expressly forbidden is perverse.

Here something I saved, although about permits the principal is the same

The signage in the car park is of a “forbidding” nature. It is limited to cars displaying a valid permit only and therefore the terms cannot apply to cars without a permit because the signage does not offer an invitation to park on certain terms. The terms are forbidding. This means that there was never a contractual relationship. I refer you to the following case law: PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016], Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] – In all three of these cases the signage was found to be forbidding and thus only a trespass had occurred and would be a matter for the landowner.
          Last edited by ostell; 4th April 2021, 20:22:PM.

Comment

yeah its in connection with my other thread? would you know how to tag the mods to merge the threads?

and yes the it is dcb legal.

yes i submitted my defence quite some time ago however it wasnt very detailed due to the solicitors refusing to release the PCN details in time for the defence deadline. however i outlined in the defence that the solicitors are refusing to cooperate.

yes all the photos and cases are ready in the witness statement, appendix

thank you ostell, I'll add those cases to my form.

Ostell would you know any details that can contribute about shade from sunlight hitting signs making them unreadable?

Comment

Hi, just my bad case this morning and lost. I talked about pofa in compliant and laid out all the points that make it incompliant, I laid out that the signs are obstructed and even have the baeavis parking sign to compare. I laid out that the sign was only a forbidden nature…. And I still lost? Any pointers to help me out for next time?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X