• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCB Legal requesting a PCN Charge from 6 years ago?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCB Legal requesting a PCN Charge from 6 years ago?

Hi

I’m new to this, but could really use some advice. In December 2020 I received a parking charge for private land of £155 , for me parking at a place of work in 2016, in which I worked for carphone warehouse at the time and had free parking as staff on the retail park. I worked at the location for months. And a few other locations one of which I’ve also had a fine.

ive emailed to contest it , stating I worked for carphone at the time and requested my old area manager of the company to email and state that I was entitled to park as was part of the lease contract with the retail park.

I’ve had no warning letter , it went straight to “pay full amount in 30 days or go to court”.

Ive shown bank statements proving my employment also.

No photo of the pcn was shown in letter also. And when I contested it they emailed me back saying because I didn’t ask for it via letter form. They are not legal obliged to show me the evidence of said fine.

they’ve now said that they are sending me court documents now ?

how is it possible to send someone a fine from 6 years ago? Surely I would have 100s of fines as I was working there months and never ever was issued a fine.

both locations want £155 - £160 , and I’ve emailed multiple times proving my place of work at the time.

is this legal to be able to fine someone this late? or is the land owner struggling at this time and chancing ?

will I lose if I go to court ?

Tags: None

ostell

Comment

Can you get back to your previous employers and ask them to cancel?

SAR to the parking company
      CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors

Templates in the Shortcuts panel on this page.

Comment

Hi thank you for the reply, I will contact them today and try and see what they say ..
        but do they have grounds to do this after 6 years and no photo ?

Comment

They have 6 years to raise a claim. You're not quite at 6 years yet, or are you?

So send of those letters

Comment

So send a subject access request to DBL legal? Or high view parking ? And send the other to the solicitor when the court details come through?

sorry, I am clueless about this stuff and it’s stressing me out.

thanks for your help in advance guys

Comment

These are the letters they sent me out of nowhere
              Attached Files

Comment

As I said in post 3
                SAR to the parking company which would appear to be Highview
                CPR 31.14 to the solicitors. which would appear to be DCBL

Have you had a claim form fro Northampton yet?

Comment

Nothing yet. As they said via email that they’ve noted my comments and will send me info for court via the post and are denying my request for photo identification of the PCN . I am now awaiting further info from them at this point ...

even after my regional manger confirmed my employment and contract with parking etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X