• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I Dispute This Parking Ticket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Dispute This Parking Ticket?

I received a parking charge notice yesterday from Euro car parks under BPA for 17/01/2021, and had no original windscreen PCN, could I argue on the basis that the notice should be sent out within 14 days under Section 9, Schedule 4, Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and that it is presumed under this for it to take 2 working days to be delivered from the sending date, this would have had to be received on 02/02/2021 latest? But was received yesterday 03/02/2021.

Could I scrape it on this argument? I'm very reluctant to give parking companies more money on the basis that they take advantage of honest mistakes.

Tags: None

The notice has to RECEIVED WITHIN 14 days so what was the date sent? And don't forget that 2 WORKING days for delivery

So they would have to have posted it by 27th Jan
    Last edited by ostell; 4th February 2021, 13:54:PM.

Comment

Ahhh interesting! It was dated as 30/01/2021 as being sent and received 03/01/2021, so is that too late in that case?

thank you!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Ticket 210117 Front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	1564480

Comment

So that's a Notice to Hirer, the 14 day timing doesn't apply to hire cars. Is it a hire car and did you receive additional documentation included with the letter.

Comment

Ahhh okay, it is a leased car, I didn't receive any other documentation, I will attach the back of the letter though

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Ticket 210117 Back.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	1564543
          Attached Files

Comment

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office

When you get rejected then add in all the other POFA fails when you appeal to POPLA

Comment

I have received a PCN from Parkingeye. I parked in St Helens College Waterside Campus to assist my grandson who's car had broken down, he is a student of the College. I was unable to repair his car and it was later recovered by the RAC. I have appealed to parkingeye but it was rejected. Would an appeal to POPLA be successful ?? or should I just pay the fine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ptes748 View Post
                I have received a PCN from Parkingeye. I parked in St Helens College Waterside Campus to assist my grandson who's car had broken down, he is a student of the College. I was unable to repair his car and it was later recovered by the RAC. I have appealed to parkingeye but it was rejected. Would an appeal to POPLA be successful ?? or should I just pay the fine. Thanks.
                It would be better to start a new thread as this problem will be missed - always start a new one rather than hopping onto an old one please - you are more likely to get a reply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X