• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP PCNK received - Would appreciate some advice if possible.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCP PCNK received - Would appreciate some advice if possible.

Hi

I have received a PCNK notice today (photos below). I need to appeal this for the reasons set out below and would really appreciate some input on whether this is the right thing to do and the best way to go about it. I have read a lot on forums today and must admit am a little confused.

1.) I was not the driver. ( I am the registered keeper )
    2.) The notice has been issued after 14 days
    3.) The driver uses the car park frequently (large pile of previous receipts) and on this occasion had used the contactless payment method to pay the 50p charge. She presented her bank card and the machine "beeped", then retuned to the welcome screen but did not produce a receipt. (A similar thing has happened before when apparently the machine had run out of paper and not realising this she tried twice more resulting in the charge being taken 3 times.) So when the machine this time failed to produce a receipt she thought it had again run out of paper and as such didn't try again numerous times assuming that although she didn't get a receipt the payment had been successful. As this was before 8;30am no attendant was on site for her to query it with. We have checked her bank and confirmed no payment was taken on the date in question.

At this point we have not contacted NCP and I have no intention of telling them who was driving,.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PCNK_front_Redacted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1557509Click image for larger version

Name:	PCNK_back_Redacted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1557510
    Tags: None

This what you want?

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

I was not the driver at the time and as there is no legal requirement to name the driver I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office.

They will probably reject but POPLA should accept the reason

Comment

Many thanks Ostell, appreciated.

Comment

Hi, im just wondering whether you were succesful with appealing your fine to NCP? I've had the same issue with it being after 14 days when I recieved it so I'm not sure whether to appeal or pay it. Thankyou

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X