• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPPlus /dcbl Notice of debt recovery 2 years on!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPPlus /dcbl Notice of debt recovery 2 years on!

Original incident Roadchef Rownhams south in Feb 2018. Husband parked vehicle, didnt notice signage and had a sleep after travelling overnight from France. Parking charge of £170 sent to our then UK address (we now live in France) - never received it. Months later received a letter from then, contacted this forum who told me how to proceed etc - which I did - nothing more till yesterday my SIL received a letter in MY name (not the registered keeper) and its a debt recovery letter from DCBL for CP PLus, which arrived at her deceased fathers house (never been the registered address either).
    Now - the debt recovery letter is a standard template - addressed to me (not the registered keeper or driver at the time) to an address that the vehicle has never been registered at. My SL is understandbly pissed off. I never kept the correspondence after a year of not hearing from them. What should I do?
    I dont want to pay it, I dont want to start corresponding again from France but I dont want her worrying that debt collectors will turn up at her dead dads house which is transferring ownership later this week.
    Last edited by Chicken007; 13th November 2020, 10:44:AM.
    Tags: None

jurisdiction issue they have as not UK Celestine might know?

Comment

Can I just ignore the letter? I mean, the vehicle was never registered at the address the latest letter arrived at and Ive never ever lived there. The new owners will undoubtedly ignore them, and even if they direct the letters to my SIL new address she will ignore them. We have not been resident in the UK since before the date of the alleged parking fine, and on the day of the infringement, husband was in the vehicle selling it (met a man at the services who bought it). The V5 was signed and dated the same day - so technically it may then have been under a new owner when the infringement occured.

Comment

It's the person that parked is liable.

Get SIL to write back and say the owners have left the country permanently and are living in France. Could give them the address of the keeper in France then they can't really do much about it.

If ignored then if you at any time come back there may be a CCJ recorded against you.

Comment

I have written to them (in May 2018) from France, explaining that the vehicle was sold on the date of the infringement, which they acknowledged to my French address. The driver/person who parked at the time could have been the new owner, my husband or my deceased father in law. The letter they returned to me basically just says 'thank you for your communication about the PCN, the time to challenge the charge has expired. Please note that any correspondence that does not provide further evidence will be noted and retained.'

Comment

What a real set of wallys, ypu were not challenging, you were just providing them with information.

So as they do have your address in France then the recipient of their missives should now write back and tell them that they they have already been informed by a letter in 2018 that the keeper at the time is now resident in France and stop their harassment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X