• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - Durham City Centre (ODEON)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - Durham City Centre (ODEON)

Hi,

Could someone please advise on a challenge for a PCN from a multi storey car park in Durham. The driver went to the newly built ODEON cinema there which sits on top of a multi storey car park. The car park has the ODEON signage all over so anyone would assume they have links to the car park itself.

There is a flag type sign hung on the wall which states that you can get 4 hours free parking if youre an ODEON customer. The driver entered the car park at 6:28pm and drove around looking for a suitable space before parking up. This took a lot longer than normal as it is one of these car parks where the support stands are so close that there are only a few suitable spaces where there is enough room to get out of the car. The driver then walked up to the cinema waited in the queue and sorted out my tickets/food/parking. The driver was told that it was £1.50 to pay for the four hours parking and the reg had to typed into an ipad on the way to the screen. The driver waited in the queue for the screening and then had one of the ODEON employees type in the reg to the system and was told the 4 hours had then started. This would be around 7pm by the time this occurred.

According to the PCN The driver then left the car park at 22:55, well within the four hours You would had assume. Parking Eye state that The driver was in the car park for 4 hours and 27 minutes so have taken the time from the driver entering the car park. The manger of the ODEON has washed their hands of anything to do with the parking there.

the payment signage appears very confusing, attached. The driver did not view it at the time after seeing the large ODEON parking advertisement. The signage around the car park states that after 6pm each night you can pay £1.50 for 12 hours parking which is very prominant so the charge of £100 is way over the top after The driver had already paid £1.50.

As far as the driver was aware They had been within the 4 hours as stated by the ODEON employee. Also being an ODEON customer and paying £1.50 in the cinema has placed them at a disadvantage as it looks like you then have to pay a further £1.50 for the next 8 hours (£3 in total). If you pay £1.50 via the app and not to ODEON then you would get the parking for 12 hours, it's so confusing. On top of that due to the lack of mobile signal in and around the car park you can't download the app as decribed in the sign and The payment machines locations are not clearly marked, if at all.

The PCN itself doesn't even state what The driver is being charged for or what terms have been broken. Attached is a copy of this.

I find the whole setup confusing and would like any advice anyone can offer to fight this way over the top charge.

Many thanks, I hope this makes sense.

SIgnage - https://ibb.co/XXBcBs8
    PCN Front - https://ibb.co/vzPWX4g
    PCN Rear - https://ibb.co/JdjZ2qk

Tags: None

I have contacted the ODEON customer services through the resolver website to explain the situation and they have advised that the Manager has spoken to the landlord of the property who stated they will have the charge waived. I have sent them a copy of the PCN and requested confirmation when this is completed. Hopefully that will be the end of it I will keep the post updated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X