• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park - PCN - Braunton EX33 2JJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park - PCN - Braunton EX33 2JJ

A few weeks ago a couple of friends & I went to Woolacombe for a day at the beach, good times.
    stopped off in Braunton for some Fish & Chips at Squires, parked in the car park opposite.

All 3 of us went up to the parking machine and fumbled for change, entered my registration number which I specifically remember as it was an ABCD layout rather than a QWERTY keyboard & inserted coins, think we paid £2.50 or £3.50 in the end for 4 hours (overkill) and pressed the green button & we waited for a ticket... which never came, I was going to take a picture of the machines screen but it reverted back to its welcome screen before I could find my phone, the machine never returned the money or suggested something was wrong so we just assumed it was either out of tickets or we don't get a ticket as it looked fairly modern.

So, went to squires & thought nothing more of it.

.... Until a few days ago when I received a PCN demanding £60-100 for my 1hr 56 minute stay.

I've sent them my story, which they replied stating its on me to get a ticket and if i didn't get a ticket that's my fault - and in sending this appeal I've had to send my details confirming I was the driver & any internal appeal period is now expired and if I want to continue I have to appeal via POPLA.

I can claim I have 2 witnesses to me paying it, but I presume without a paper receipt/ticket proving it I just have to pay it?

Edit: This may have been better placed in the PPC section rather than the BPA.
    Tags: None

Shame you told them who was driving. No you don't have to pay it, with 2 witness statements that their machine malfunctioned they would be reluctant to take it to court.

Go to POPLA appeal, they may just listen but probably not and it may proceed to court but a proper judge would probably find in your favour with additional witnesses there.

If you hadn't identified the driver then receiving the PCN more than 14 days later prevents them from claiming against the keeper as they don't know the driver.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X