• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Civil Enforcement Appeal unsuccessful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Civil Enforcement Appeal unsuccessful

Hello,

Just before Christmas I received a PCN through the post fro "Civil Enforcement" It had Photos of the vehicle entering the carpark at 09:51:46 and leaving at 11:09:01 I completed their online appeal process using the template for appeal from the money saving forum. as follows...

"I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner. If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead. In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end.

- in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

Formal note:
    Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,"

They have replied by letter stating my appeal has been unsuccessful, They state in the letter that "Signs in the car park clearly advise payment for parking must be made within 10 Minutes of arrival and on this occasion you failed to do so" "We are unable to provide the information requested in regards to the payment machine due to data protection." I have attached a copy, it seems a little vague as there is no mention of what time the ticket was purchased, and for how long.

I seem to be a magnet for these evil parking overlords, Im already waiting replies from BW Legal from a PCN dated 3 years ago!! grrr.

Thanks for any help you can give me to help me retain my sanity!!

Tags: None

But that letter is stating that the driver failed to pay within 10 minutes, nothing about an overstay.

Post up the PCN, suitably redacted.

Comment

Hi Ostell,

PCN Attached, thanks for your help
      Attached Files

Comment

There is insufficient on the front to hold the keeper liable so could ypu post up the reverse please

Comment

Here's the reverse...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I have today now received a letter from a debt collectors.
            What with this and another claim being made from 3 years ago, I am at my wits end.
            what should I do next? I have already been denied further information? As per my posts above.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hiya

ZZPS are just toothless debt collectors trying to big themselves up by using BIG SCARY RED LETTERS.

See, I can do it as well.
              (You can pay me if you'd like!)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

That's great, but last time I ignored a scary red letter 3 years later I'm now being taken to small claims court by BW legal. So I'm not keen....
                is there something else I can do?

Comment

Originally posted by She-Ra View Post
                  That's great, but last time I ignored a scary red letter 3 years later I'm now being taken to small claims court by BW legal. So I'm not keen....
                  is there something else I can do?
                  A 3rd party cannot enforce the alleged debt.
                  Only the parking co can.
                  (The alleged contract is between the driver & the parking co, however there is a possible transfer of liability to the registered keeper courtesy of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 + site signage.)

You need to get copies of those postal notices to keeper.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I've now recieved a solicitors letter. I've not asked ZZPS for the postal notice to keeper yet, so would I still send that to them or should I now send it to QDR?
                    Attached Files

Comment

QDR Solicitors are debt collectors and even if they were solicitors they cannot take instructions from ZZPS, another debt collector and not the owner of the alleged debt. Have a look at their web page.

Comment

As ostell states, unless the sols have been instructed by CEL (in your case), they are merely debt collectors & can be safely ignored.
                        I wonder how many others want an unwarranted slice of the pie?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X