• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye and Stirling Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye and Stirling Park

Hi all! Hoping someone can advise me on what to do about these fines from Parking Eye from a Morrisons Car Park in Glasgow. I've received a barrage of letters giving me final warnings or fines and I've ignored them (some got lost in the sea of crap through my mum's letterbox) because I regularly shop in Morrisons and work close-by so park there on occasion as my work often ask me to run errands in the store for them and I sometimes buy dinner on the way home from them too. I have card records of transactions in the shop and honestly have done the whole cheeky private parking thing for donkeys and nothing has ever happened - I thought this was because I was in Scotland but possibly just not Parking Eye those times. It's a reasonably new car park so the cameras are good and signs are clear.. not a leg to stand on apart from the fact that I'm constantly shopping in the Morrisons that the car park is actually for.

Stirling Park have issued a final demand for £340 and this is just for 2 days in september so I know there's more in the post from october ( I reckon at this rate they could ask for a grand?) and am worried to pay for this first one and admit fault at this stage as I honestly am shopping there constantly, seems a bit unfair. I have emailed morrisons so I'm waiting on a reply and I haven't contacted any of the parking eye or stirling park people because I've read that it's a mistake to name yourself as the driver. Lawyer friends-of-friends seem undecided about what I should do as they are dealing with Stirling Park cases right now.

Please help!

Edit your post so the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver .........." etc

What was the alleged breach?

You are in Scotland and POFA, giving the ability to hold the keeper liable, does not apply. If they do not know the driver then they are lost and going nowhere. Ignore.

Do the PCNs from PE mention Protection of Freedoms Act on the reverse of the letter?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X