• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstones solicitors - letter before claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstones solicitors - letter before claim

Good afternoon

Any advice on this much appreciated.

Re parking ticket issued 2014 form Parking Control Management (UK) Limited

charge amount £160

They're chasing full payment within 14 days or they'll start proceedings against me.

What would be the best way to respond?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Gladstones solicitors - letter before claim

Hello, I've tagged @charitynjw to assist.

As of 1 October, there has been a radical change to the protocols for debt claims and the fact that Gladstones have said they will issue proceedings within 14 days falls foul of the required protocols. Is the date of the letter before 1 October or after? Either way it would help if you could upload the letter, and redact any personal information that could identify you and/or the claim.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello R0b

Thanks for your reply and for tagging@charitynjw

The letter was dated 12th Sept 2017

Copy attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Any chance of seeing the 'terms attached' referred to in that letter?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Any chance of seeing the 'terms attached' referred to in that letter?
          Morning charitynjw, thanks for your message.

here it is:
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok.

Usual Gladstones bluster....loads of words but no real detail.

So
            Where do you live? (E?W?S?NI?)
            Is the vehicle a hire/lease?
            Was there a windscreen PCN? If so do you still have it?
            Where did the parking incident take place (Car park? Residential? etc)
            When?
            Have you had any other postal notification? (The LBC implies some problem with contacting you).
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I live in Essex
              Owned the vehicle (on lease finance) and no longer own it.
              There was, but I no longer have it.
              It took place in some parking bays, residential/shops, in East London.
              Was advised by the owner of the business that I was visiting, that it would be ok to park there.
              2014 - I moved to a new address last year.
              Yes - ignored all of them previously!

Reason for going through this process now - bumped into that business owner who then told me about LegalBeagles.

Thank you

Ok.

Usual Gladstones bluster....loads of words but no real detail.

So
              Where do you live? (E?W?S?NI?)
              Is the vehicle a hire/lease?
              Was there a windscreen PCN? If so do you still have it?
              Where did the parking incident take place (Car park? Residential? etc)
              When?
              Have you had any other postal notification? (The LBC implies some problem with contacting you).

Comment

Could you confirm that it was on lease to you at the time of the parking incident?

& could you scrub the bit in red
                Was advised by the owner of the business that I was visiting, that it would be ok to park there.
                You don't want to ID who might have been driving at the time in any of your posts.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I live in Essex
                  Owned the vehicle at (on lease finance) and no longer own it.
                  There was, but I no longer have it.
                  It took place in some parking bays, residential/shops, in East London.
                  Was advised by the owner of the business that it would be ok to park there.
                  2014 - I moved to a new address last year.
                  Yes - ignored all of them previously!

Reason for going through this process now - bumped into that business owner who then told me about LegalBeagles.

Thank you

Could you confirm that it was on lease to you at the time of the parking incident?

& could you scrub the bit in red

You don't want to ID who might have been driving at the time in any of your posts.

Comment

So were you the owner of the car, the name on the V5? Just in case you got a notice to hirer rather than a Notice to keeper.

The reason for the question is that if it was on lease and the original NTK went to the lease company and then you got a notice to hirer then the notice to hirer must also have copies of the hire documents included with it to be able to hold the keeper liable. Paragraphs 13 and 14 of POFA (14 (2) (a))

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Yes I was the owner of the car.

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      So were you the owner of the car, the name on the V5? Just in case you got a notice to hirer rather than a Notice to keeper.

The reason for the question is that if it was on lease and the original NTK went to the lease company and then you got a notice to hirer then the notice to hirer must also have copies of the hire documents included with it to be able to hold the keeper liable. Paragraphs 13 and 14 of POFA (14 (2) (a))

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X