• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bw legal

My daughter paid for a parking ticket to park in an Easypark Northern car park. Unfortunately her ticket was displayed upside down. She then received a parking ticket.
    We notified the company of this error, and stupidly sent off the ticket as proof she had paid the correct fee, but they came back and said even though she had paid, she had not displayed correctly.
    Since then she has been hounded with letters from them and different solicitors. She has moved away for the summer and we now have letters from BW legal, demanding £238.07! Is it best to ignore this, reply again stating the same argument or just bite the bullet and pay the extortionate fee??
    Tags: None

Re: Bw legal

Is it a debt collection letter (ignore) or a letter before claim/action ?

M1

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      The letter says I have to pay the balance by 27 July to prevent legal action from being taken. It also threatens county court proceedings. It states they sent a letter on 6.5.16 requesting we pay the balance or provide detailed grounds for disputing the PCN by 22.5.16. It also threatens that if their client obtains a ccj against her (which is likely) then it will be recorded on her file for 6 years. It quotes the case of ParkingEye ltd vs Beavis 2015 UKSC 67.

Comment

If it's

Ignore until you get

M1

Comment

DONT PAY - DONT IGNORE
          A standard letter word for word I have had one.
          You say a ticket was purchased but it was displayed upside down, but the letter states "PARKED WITHOUT PURCHASING A VALID TICKET" So thats point 1 of your arguement, also check the actual ticket PCN they sent you.
          Go and look at the code of practice, quote chapter and verse to them regarding the parking tarrif being paid and that they are being jobsworthS, I think you will have these guys on the ropes no problem

and end your letter with something like---
          "I have been informed there is no chance of success if a County Court Claim is issued and as it makes financial sense you should inform your client that they declare this PCN void.

I will not, under any circumstances make any payment to *** PARKING COMPANY*** or your company. This letter constitutes a demand for an immediate cancellation of the Parking Charge. The claim is denied in its entirety. I assert that I am not liable to the Claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all. Any further communications, other than to confirm you will not be pursuing me for this charge, will be treated as harassment. I consider this matter closed."

In other words tell them to b*****r off

I am sure some of the more legally minded here will also reply with advice

Marmite

Last edited by marmitex1234; 22nd July 2016, 11:02:AM.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies, they are very much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X