• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal Final Notice letter advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BW Legal Final Notice letter advice

If you look at the letter I posted in November from page 1 they say there was ample signage and did give photographic evidence. My defence is rather slim don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by todd89 View Post
      If you look at the letter I posted in November from page 1 they say there was ample signage and did give photographic evidence. My defence is rather slim don't you think?
      Well parking companies always say that. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. http://www.parking-prankster.com/case-law.html Only the ones from#33 onwards.

http://www.parking-prankster.com/more-case-law.html

If the registered keeper and driver are different then most BW Legal customers fail.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Well parking companies always say that. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. http://www.parking-prankster.com/case-law.html Only the ones from#33 onwards.

If the registered keeper and driver are different then most BW Legal customers fail.

M1
        Can you advise on the next step please. I need to respond to the osbudman. Driver and registered keeper same at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

M1
        Can you advise on the next step please. I need to respond to the osbudman. Driver and registered keeper same at the time.

Comment

I must be missing something. You sent a letter that said you haven't responded to my letters and they have said we'll look in to it and now after 8 weeks they say complain to the ombudman if you want ? Is that right ?

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery,

I sent the letter complaining of their ignorance to my two previous emails, and they responded saying that it has been eight weeks since I first complained, I can now contact the ombudsman and have six months to do this. So I need to respond either to them or the ombudsman.

Comment

Unless i was feeling particularly spiteful, i would just wait. The longer the wait the longer it could be until they issue court papers, if indeed they even do.

I think it's a 12 month time limit to complain to the ombudsman. No rush, IMO.

M1

Comment

I have eight weeks. I will leave it for a while and get back to you on what I should write if that's ok.

What is my defence so far though? In a nutshell I parked in a no parking area in which they have evidence of "sufficient" signage but it was not well-lit. Also to note, was that my friend also parked in the same spot and wrote to Poundland at the time and was let off...

Comment

Have you spoken to poundland ?

If there was No Parking then the sign cannot create a contract. http://nebula.wsimg.com/b84a6ffd1e35...&alloworigin=1

M1

Comment

Yes and now Poundland are no longer there and I tried to contact the current owners to no avail. So my defence thus far is purely that- no contract and I go with the letters what you've helped me with?

Comment

It's certainly a big chunk of your defence.

The letters have been about getting information in case they start a claim. Until such times we are just following procedure and stalling.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

They have finally sent me a letter acknowledging my complaint emails, but they are saying that they did not fail to respond to my emails as they sent letters after each one saying to contact them. In my opinion they did not acknowledge the emails on both letters. They are saying I am the one who has ignored them on three occasions - which you guys did say to ignore. After the email I sent on January 1st they sent me the letter dated Feb 14 which I put on here (you removed as I didn't cover the address) they didn't acknowledge the email - just saying - further to our letter dated Nov 24 we want payment and have yet to receive a response to our letter but an email was sent on Nov 24 and Jan 1st. Correct me if I'm wrong but the letter dated Feb 14 should have made reference to my email.

They have also also sent me pictures again of the car. What's the next step? Yes I did ignore some letters but did respond to most.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by todd89; 9th April 2017, 19:23:PM.

Comment

There is a difference in sending a "reply" and addressing the contents of a letter. The chances of them admitting they didn't take the detail of your letter in to consideration are pretty low.

You can continue to play letter ping pong or you can see if they're brave enough for court (if choosing this option i'd send 1 strong letter setting out your position and tell them you will not respond to any more template begging letters although if a letter arrives that does address your letter you reserve the right of reply. Otherwise take me to court and stop harassing me).

M1

Comment

Thanks. Will send another email and see what happens. I'm working overseas until June 6. I would prefer to be back in the UK before thinking about getting them to court.

So you will not be able to help me construct a letter for court?
                            Last edited by todd89; 10th April 2017, 18:10:PM.

Comment

So you will not be able to help me construct a letter for court?
                              A letter for court ?

M1

Comment

You can continue to play letter ping pong or you can see if they're brave enough for court (if choosing this option i'd send 1 strong letter setting out your position and tell them you will not respond to any more template begging letters although if a letter arrives that does address your letter you reserve the right of reply. Otherwise take me to court and stop harassing me).

M1
                                A strong letter setting out my position. Can you help because I'm none the wiser after sending many letters which you have basically constructed. My position is regarding no contract and then saying I won't respond to anymore template begging letters etc etc if you can make it clear what my position is - my defence in a strong way then I'll go to court because I've had enough of this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X