• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Help Please!! MET parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Help Please!! MET parking

Hi all

I'm new to the forum so apologies if there is a more appropriate space for this post.

I received a PCN from MET parking for over staying my welcome at McDonalds Stansted asking for £100 or £50 if paid within 14 days.

I appealed using their online "make an appeal" tab, stating that I felt I had used the car park for it's intended purpose, ie using McDonalds. I explained that I made 2 trips in to the place and stayed an appropriate time considering I had 2 separate orders and used the facilities.

I had no further correspondence from MET to inform me if my appeal was successful or not

I then received a letter 27 days after the original PCN letter, stating that I now owe them £100 and must pay within 7 days.

I have now posted them the letter below

Dear MET Parking Services
    I am writing to appeal against parking charge noticeMP46791773 (vehicle reg xxxxxxx) on the grounds that I have not been given afair right of appeal.
    I submitted an appealusing your online appeal form, shortly after being informed of this parkingcharge. I am yet to receive any notification from yourselves, informing me ifmy appeal has been successful or not. The notice dated 10/06/16, received bymyself 13/6/16, is simply demanding £100 from myself and does not state anyoutcome of my appeal and is still within 28 days of the original notificationof charge.
    I would also ask you to provide proof that the terms ofconditions of the parking contract were breached by vehicle xxxxxxxx, on thedate and time the notice was issued. The initial notice letter shows no proofof this?
    I await your reply

Can anyone advise me of my chances in this case please?

Also can I demand they prove the times and dates on their camera equipment was correct at the time of the offence?
    Any advise would be good. I really don't want to pay £100 or more.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Help Please!! MET parking

Chances of winning this particular appeal = 0.00000000000001%.

Chances of winning once a popla code is given and a proper popla appeal is lodged, very god but not guaranteed. If you do go via popla then the discounted amount is gone for good.

M1

Comment

So you are saying that you made two trips to the site and they recorded the first entry and the last exit and calculated from that?

Comment

Unfortunately not. Id probably have a better defence if that was the case.
        I parkked once but used the McDonald's twice.
        I might try to persuade them to let me pay the £50 instead of £100, then complain to McDonald's and attempt to get food vouchers

Comment

My 0.0000000001 chance came in! Only gone and won the appeal because they took too long in getting back to me. Might start playing the lottery

Comment

Did they concede ? or have they just not got back to you ?

M1

Comment

I called them to confirm the got my posted letter. They said they will pass it on to their appeals team. She said I'm probably in the clear though because they have taken too long with it. That was 15/6/16 and I've heard nothing since.

Comment

Don't discard anything until it's confirmed.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X