• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

excel parking services...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excel parking services...

Hi

Some time ago last Autumn I parked up at a car park at a place called Keighley in Yorkshire, I drove into the car park, purchased a ticket (which I still have in my possession) and then left 17 Mins later after using the local shop. A month later I received a fine stating I did not input my car reg number into the machine and was therefor required to pay the sum of £60. Things have now progressed over the following months and I have received a county court form, requesting my bank account details, how much is in said account, employment details, all of which are very suspicious considering nothing has gone to court yet, the sum has now reached £233. Giving that the machine dispensed me a ticket knowing that It was going to send me a fine in the near future, am I within my rights to pursue this ? And has anyone heard of this before? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: excel parking services...

Phone up the court and ask what is happening. You should have a case number on the documents. I presume you have not received a N1 (claim) form.

Does your ticket have your car reg printed on it ? Did the ticket machine state that you had to enter the reg number?

Comment

My ticket does not have my reg number on it, but the case I am putting forward is that the ticket machine should not have dispensed me a ticket knowing I didn't input my reg number, all I did was put some money into the machine, pressed the big green button and was dispensed a ticket, with no immediate request to input my reg first, perhaps this is all stated on the machine in small print? But still, I don't think It's right to knowingly dispense me a ticket, setting me up to be fined.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins169 View Post
        But still, I don't think It's right to knowingly dispense me a ticket, setting me up to be fined.
        But then they wouldn't get so much money !

Did you get the original claim form from the court? Did you phone up the court to query at what stage the court claim is at?

Comment

The court claim looks to have been sent from an official body, but after looking at the logo's on the form, the Her Majesties Justice symbol looks extremely blurred and hard to make out, and there is another logo that is just a black circle that says 'county court' in it. The whole thing looks a fake, but that's not for me to decide. To me it looks like they are trying to intimidate me into paying said fine.

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          But then they wouldn't get so much money !

Did you get the original claim form from the court? Did you phone up the court to query at what stage the court claim is at?

Comment

The court forms normally look as though they have been badly copied. Do you have a case number on the form? Any form.

What forms have you actually got? Did you get a N1 form, the start of the claim process? Post up the forms here, with identifying details removed.

If you have received form N1 have you acknowledged the claim, or even done anything with it, or just ignored it because it looked a fake?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X