• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

son is debtor but at my address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• son is debtor but at my address

My son has an unpaid parking fine I have constantly told him to sort it, and redirected the letters to his address. It is now at stage of enforcement agency going to come into my property. My son does not live with me and used my address for his V5 which I did not know about I did phone council in the early stages to do a change of address but they said my son had to do the change of address which he obviously has not done. What can I do to stop the enforcement offices taking my stuff to pay his debt?
    Last edited by BrownCJ; 8th June 2016, 21:16:PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Tags: None

Re: son is debtor but at my address

Don't open the door to them, And if you really feel cross, tell them where he is living.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
      Don't open the door to them, And if you really feel cross, tell them where he is living.
      I fully agree, 'redirect' the enforcement agents as well by supplying them at the door with your son's current address, in fact have it to hand by printing it on paper to hand them. That will extinguish their presence from your doorstep as you have supplied them factual information. Your son should not be evading his responsibilities by letting mum 'take the hit at the door' ...

Comment

Thank you for advice everyone I managed to get through to Enforcement agency this morning by phone and gave him my sons address and telephone number. Hopefully thats it sorted I can stop worrying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X