• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Metrolink Parking and Debt Recovery Plus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metrolink Parking and Debt Recovery Plus

Please can you offer me advice and whether I should pay the £160 fine. I received a parking charge notice for parking outside tram operating hours in a free car park. The parking ticket was issued at 4am in the morning. I appealed against the initial charge of £100 but this was rejected by Care Parking. I then lost the letter with POPLA reference number so I never appealled. Because I didn't appeal to POPLA I've now received letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd asking me to pay £160 fine. What should I do? Ignore the letter and risk going to court of should I just pay the fine? I really don't want to pay the fine which I feel is unjust as no loss has been incurred by Metrolink. Since I received the penatly charge notice Metrolink have removed the outside of tram operating hours restrictions. Basically, you can now park overnight in the same car park without receiving a fine. Metrolink are running a trial across several car parks in Greater Manchester.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Martty67
    Tags: None

Re: Metrolink Parking and Debt Recovery Plus

Care parking are not known to me as being litigious. A loss at court would be around £200 so if it were me i'd file and ignore all bar court papers or a proper letter before action. (bear in mind i haven't seen any correspondence but i doubt that'd change my mind)

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Martty67 View Post
      Please can you offer me advice and whether I should pay the £160 fine. I received a parking charge notice for parking outside tram operating hours in a free car park. The parking ticket was issued at 4am in the morning. I appealed against the initial charge of £100 but this was rejected by Care Parking. I then lost the letter with POPLA reference number so I never appealled. Because I didn't appeal to POPLA I've now received letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd asking me to pay £160 fine. What should I do? Ignore the letter and risk going to court of should I just pay the fine? I really don't want to pay the fine which I feel is unjust as no loss has been incurred by Metrolink. Since I received the penatly charge notice Metrolink have removed the outside of tram operating hours restrictions. Basically, you can now park overnight in the same car park without receiving a fine. Metrolink are running a trial across several car parks in Greater Manchester.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Martty67
      Hi, What did you do about this? Did they chase you? I have just received the same things.Thanks, Nicky

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X