• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**SET ASIDE** What to do about a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to do about a CCJ?

Originally posted by Goodbhoy View Post
    I have today received a letter from the court but do not have any instructions on how to proceed.

I am told that the hearing will take place on 8th January 2016 at 12:30pm and the estimate time allocated to this is 25 mins.
    There is no further information on how I should proceed.

Do I have to attend or will it be heard in my absence given the evidence I submitted?
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Hi,
    If you don't attend you leave your opponent with
    unchallenged access to the judge,

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi,
      If you don't attend you leave your opponent with
      unchallenged access to the judge,

nem
      OK, thanks nem.
      I will make arrangements to have the day off.

Is there anything I need to take with me?
      Everything was submitted with the N244.

Comment

OK, thanks nem.
        I will make arrangements to have the day off.

Is there anything I need to take with me?
        Everything was submitted with the N244.
        Yep absolutely everything 3 copies of each.
        So you wont get caught out if the judge asks a question.

nem.~

Comment

There has been some developments on this case.
          I got a letter from United Utilities today to say that they will not be contesting the case and have notified the court of this decision and they will not be attending.

What does this mean for me?
          Do I still need to attend?

Comment

Is there any further advice regarding this case please as it is due to be up in court next Monday.

Do I still need to attend court even though United Utilities have informed me and the court that they will not be contesting the case and will not be turning up.
            Is the evidence I supplied sufficient or do I still need to appear in person. It sounds like it might be straight forward now.

I have still to arrange next Monday off.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comment

There has been some developments on this case.
              I got a letter from United Utilities today to say that they will not be contesting the case and have notified the court of this decision and they will not be attending.

What does this mean for me?
              Do I still need to attend?

Good morning,
              Happy new year, I'm sorry your post was missed earlier, it's been extremely hectic.

If UU have informed the court that they are not contesting the case they have either
              discontinued or have left it to you to ask the court to dismiss /strike out the claim the
              latter seemingly more likely.

It's too late now to check with the court on what UU has or has not done so I think
              you should attend to ensure the claim is disposed of.

Possibility is the court may have sent a notice of discontinuance but with
              the backlog within the court system and the holiday post it may be delayed.

nem

Comment

Good morning,
                Happy new year, I'm sorry your post was missed earlier, it's been extremely hectic.

If UU have informed the court that they are not contesting the case they have either
                discontinued or have left it to you to ask the court to dismiss /strike out the claim the
                latter seemingly more likely.

It's too late now to check with the court on what UU has or has not done so I think
                you should attend to ensure the claim is disposed of.

Possibility is the court may have sent a notice of discontinuance but with
                the backlog within the court system and the holiday post it may be delayed.

nem
                Thanks nem, I will arrange the day off work and make arrangements to attend.

Happy New Year to you also.

Comment

Thanks nem, I will arrange the day off work and make arrangements to attend.

Happy New Year to you also.
                  Thank GoodBhoy!!

Please let us know the outcome!

nem

Comment

Thank GoodBhoy!!

Please let us know the outcome!

nem
                    Of course I will post back next Monday after the case is heard.
                    I just need to find how to get to the court now

Thanks.

Comment

Of course I will post back next Monday after the case is heard.
                      I just need to find how to get to the court now

Thanks.
                      Should be the nearest court to your home address?

nem

Comment

Should be the nearest court to your home address?

nem
                        Thanks nem, I am not sure it is the nearest court but it is in the Liverpool which is around 20 miles from me.
                        I have a postcode so that should take me there, it is just finding parking arrangements in a large city that could be the issue.

Comment

Thanks nem, I am not sure it is the nearest court but it is in the Liverpool which is around 20 miles from me.
                          I have a postcode so that should take me there, it is just finding parking arrangements in a large city that could be the issue.
                          It's hard to find easy parking at and HMCTS hearing centre often requires some long walks unfortunately.

Leave yourself ample time " chambers" hearings times can be rather erratic if one goes of the allotted time or the paties
                          to a claim fail to appear.

nem

Comment

It's hard to find easy parking at and HMCTS hearing centre often requires some long walks unfortunately.

Leave yourself ample time " chambers" hearings times can be rather erratic if one goes of the allotted time or the paties
                            to a claim fail to appear.

nem
                            Good advice nem, thanks.

Comment

Good advice nem, thanks.
                              Happy to help!
                              Please let us know the result!

nem

Comment

Well I turned up at court this morning. (See attachment)

Only then did I realise that today is not Mon 8th January but in fact Mon 11th January.
                                Is misread the letter to read the hearing will be at 12:30 Mon 8th January 2016.

In fact it should have read 12:30PM on 8th January.
                                The hearing was actually heard on Friday.

I explained to the receptionist, showing the letter and how it was misleading and confusing as well as badly written.
                                She investigated further and said that I should write to the court with a copy of the letter asking for a new hearing.
                                As the hearing may have been made in my favour anyway, I should wait to hear the outcome first.

So, a wasted day off work and an hours drive each way for nothing.
                                So I suppose I can expect a letter in the post in a day or so.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X