• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Reading BC - Kings Meadow Car Park, Advise HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Reading BC - Kings Meadow Car Park, Advise HELP!!!

I am in need for some advice, I received a Parking Charge Notice & tried to appeal, but haven’t been successful.

My appeal I sent was,

This is the first time I have used the car park for several weeks, the charge was usually £7 for the day, but has changed to £7.50 for up to 12 hours.

As I have always done over the past 2 years I paid the £7 charge & obviously did not notice that it has been up lifted to £7.50 to which I received a Penalty Charge.

I have a copy of the parking ticket which states I paid £7 at 07:45 - 08/07/15 but cannot attach a file to this appeal.

I would like to appeal this ticket as this is a genuine error as I assumed the charge had not changed, also that it does not clearly state that there has been an up lift of 50 pence to £7.50 for up to 12 hours at eye level.

The reply I have received was,

The ticket clearly shows the time of expiry therefor the fine stands.

Basically there is no visible notice except for a very small sign 3 foot off flour level showing the charges of £2.50 for up to 2 hours & £7.50 for up to 12 hours, nothing in between.

I think it is totally unfair that I paid £7.00 (which is clearly on the parking ticket) & they have just said it clearly shows the expiry on the ticket, if I noticed that it was £7.50 I would have gone back to the car & got another 0.50p.
    However if I did notice after paying the £7.00 I would have had to of paid another £7.50 on top of what I already paid.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can appeal this further?
    Last edited by Hulksta; 20th July 2015, 14:03:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Reading BC - Kings Meadow Car Park, Advise HELP!!!

Did you get a popla code ?

M1

Comment

Re: PCN Reading BC - Kings Meadow Car Park, Advise HELP!!!

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Did you get a popla code ?

M1
      No, they just sent me a letter saying.

I am in receipt of your correspondence regarding the above PCN.

The PNC was issued correctly to the vehicle parked after the expiry of paid time.

You were parked after the expiry of paid for time at a Pay & Display bay; therefore the PNC has been correctly issued.

When using Pay & display ticket machines, the amount of coinage accepted is shown on the display at the front of the machine for you to check before requesting a ticket.

The fee paid and departure time is clearly printed on the front of the ticket for you to check before displaying it in the windscreen of the vehicle. The onus is on the driver to check the machine before requesting a ticket and the details on the ticket before displaying it in their vehicle.

You are, therefore, requested to comply with the PNC, However, the reduced charge will still be accepted provided payment is received within 14 days.
      Failure to make payment will result in the full PNC.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X