• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apparent Parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparent Parking charge

This morning I received a letter from a Debt recovery company stating that on the 1st of January 2015 I received a parking ticket. This is the first I have heard of any such thing, I have received no letters in the post regarding the issue other than this one. The letter states that I have to pay £150 and if I don't they will take me to court.

The car park in which this ticket was apparently issued is a car park outside of my apartment building. There are signs saying its for permit holders only. I keep my car in a garage rented from the local council, the only time I have ever parked in this car park is when I have been dropping off my food shopping, in which I am only ever a few minutes at most. The reason why I have used this car park is because there is no where else I am able to park after doing my food shopping as the car park is the only place to park, without having to park my car the other side of the town and walk back and fourth between my car and my apartment building several times.

The company that is issuing the parking ticket is Premier Park Ltd, I am unsure as to the next steps I should take regarding the issue. Especially since I have received no parking ticket on my car and I have received no letters in the post regarding a ticket that was supposedly issued several months ago.
    Tags: None

Re: Apparent Parking charge

Is your registration document up to date ? Since when (look at the date on it !)

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Is your registration document up to date ? Since when (look at the date on it !)

M1

Yes my registration document is up to date, I have had this car since the 16/05/14.

Comment

Well if there are no issues with the registration document but it "might" have been your vehicle (shopping on new years day ?) then i'd probably ignore anything apart from a letter before action or court papers. (keep it all though !)

You could write back and deny it but they are not known to be put off that easily even though they know they can do nothing.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X