• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice Voliation Data Protection Act 1998

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice Voliation Data Protection Act 1998

Good Mornning

I need to ask about a parking charge I obtained when I dropped off a freind at Hull Airport earlier this month, I got the notice (which I am disputing) but when I received it this morning I also noticed that Vechile Control Services Ltd had sent this in a unsealed evenvelope!! as the notice quoted that they obtained the data from DVLA and is subject to the data protection act 1998 and only used solely for the purpose of this notice am I correct in saying that they voliated this act by sending it in a unsealed envelope any anyone could of read it?

Ive already contacted them and sent pictures to proof this.

Thanks for any advise
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice Voliation Data Protection Act 1998

No advise on that. Perhaps the ICO can advise.

As for the ticket. Byelaws probably apply so as long as they do not know the driver they can't use keeper liability. They will try but should not succeed.

M1

Comment

To be honest I didn't see the sign for drop off point which I found out today it's in the main car park not outside the terminal, was only when I got out of the car I seen the sign (couldn't see it from drivers seat) I was there for 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by neomaster35 View Post
        To be honest I didn't see the sign for drop off point which I found out today it's in the main car park not outside the terminal, was only when I got out of the car I seen the sign (couldn't see it from drivers seat) I was there for 2 minutes.

Well as a contract is only formed if you're bound to see it, i'd try and get evidence of that

M1

Comment

Hiya

Sorry to post again, well I appealed and Vechile Control Services (Sheffield) rejected it (what a suprise), when I complained to them about my details, including photographs not being sent securely I got the following statement in there letter.

“We note your comments that the PCN arrived unsealed. We can confirm that all PCN’s are sent go through an automatic process that involves fully sealing the envelope. We are unable to accept responsibility for any correspondence that becomes unsealed during the postal process. We maintain the stance that the PCN would have been completely sealed when it was posted and refute your claim that we have breached the data protection act in any way”

I tried to call them (which you have to google to get a unautomated answer) and they warn you that the call is recorded for evidence purposes, but when I warned them the call was also being recorded at my end they said they couldnt take the call but I still recorded it!! anyway they still dont beleieve they broke the data protection act but when I spoke to the ICO they said I could have a case against them.

I did point out that no Terms & Conditions where accepted as they where not presented but they said they where lol

So my next step is to appeal via the IAS..............

Comment

IAS is not like popla in any way shape or form. You must provide evidence yourself.

GPEOL is unlikely to win the day.

M1

Comment

Well I am also thinking of just paying the £60 then take up the breach of data protection act as a seperate issue but I have already logged this with the ICO,

Comment

Why do that ? PoFA does not apply to land covered by statute.

http://www.humbersideairport.com/med...elaws_1999.pdf

An example of a winning appeal http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5195073

I'd rather burn £60.

M1

Comment

Oh thanks intresting reading maybe hold onto my £60 for abit longer thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X