• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice in Residential area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice in Residential area

Hi Guys,

I recently received a PCN at the flat complex where I live.

I have an allocated underground parking space and there is generally a lot of Visitor parking available. The rest of the complex is double red lines and monitored by Premier Parking.

I got home one Friday night, and my allocated space was unavailable as someone else had parked in it! There was also no visitor spaces anywhere.. So I whacked it on the double reds in the most appropriate place. This was about 7pm, I checked the vehicle at 7-30 and 8 to try and move it, but still couldn't.

Came back down at 9pm and I had a PCN on it! I appealed it, and they have refused my appeal.

I'm planning on just ignoring any more letters as I have no intention of paying them 100 quid, when I had nowhere to park as a resident!

Anyone had any previous experience on ignoring PCN's?

Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Parking charge notice in Residential area

These http://www.premierparkingsolutions.com/ cowboys ?

Did you get a popla code ?

M1

Comment

Yep I have been given one, I'm going to submit my appeal off to them today.

Comment

This is them http://www.premierpark.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by pfcturner View Post

Cool, you know what to write by way of an appeal ? (genuine pre estimate of loss etc )

What does your lease say ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Cool, you now what to write by way of an appeal ? (genuine pre estimate of loss etc )

What does your lease say ?

M1

Yep, got everything in the appeal, just submitted it through POPLA's online service.

We are renting, there is nothing in our agreement that mentions parking apart from the fact we have one allocated space.

Do you think it would be work contacting the management company of the flat complex if the POPLA appeal is unsuccessful? As I assume it is them who employ premier park to enforce the parking restrictions

Comment

Perhaps, but if you put in a good popla appeal with all the usual winning points it shouldn't come to that

M1

Comment

Thanks Fingers crossed!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X