• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Two outstanding parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two outstanding parking fines

Hello and good morning to every one,
    This will be my first ever post on a forum, so please play nice!
    I have two outstanding parking fines, which I have now received notice's of intended prosecution for. As I have been working away and haven't been home in quite some time.
    any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Two outstanding parking fines

You need to give a bit more information about these.

In most, if not all, areas in England, parking offences have been decriminalised and are now civil matters.

Are you saying you have failed to pay them and the council now intends to take county court action?

What were the dates of the "offences". Do you agree that you committed them. Are they tickets which were sent through the post or were they attached to the car at the time.

If you could post the notices you have received, deleting any personal information, am sure someone will be able to help.

I don't think working away so not been home for some time is going to help you very much.

Comment

Morning StevemLs
      Ok I'll start with just one of the two PCN's (whom I have had no contact with as of yet)

it was issued on the 28\1\14 in a staples/car phone w/house car park in Basildon
      by JAS Parking solutions Ltd.
      since then they have sent me various letters which have been sent to my home address in Yorkshire and as I've been working in Essex for the past year I haven't picked up on them.
      the latest letter reads:
      We refer to the recent letter of June 20 2014 in respect of £140 owing to JAS Parking solutions Ltd.
      In view of the circumstances we see no option but to give notice that unless our client receives payment within 7 days we intend to recommend that court proceedings be commenced against you.

If this proves necessary you could be additionally liable for court fees, statutory interest and costs awarded against you by the court.

We trust that this will not be necessary , but unless our client receives your payment within 7 days of the date of the hereof you leave us with no alternative but to recommend immediate litigation.

yours

L Clarke

Comment

Hi and welcome
        Re the last letter received: what date, and was it headed "letter before action" or "letter before court claim)?

Were you the driver? if not do they know who the driver was?

At moment sounds like threats and nowt else.

Any details about other incident?

Comment

Right - they are private charges then, there are loads of people here far more experienced than I in dealing with them.

They are not so easily enforced though as council issued tickets.

I'll duck out and wish you well, leaving you in the hands of the far more capable!

Comment

Hello and good morning Des8

The last letter was dated the 8th july 2014
            and was Headed "Notice of intended further action"
            I May have been the driver.... and no they don't know who the driver was.

Comment

With regards to the other PCN it was issued via an ANPR system at Welcome Break London Gateway services on the M1 on the 14/10/2013. By Parking EYE
              for overstaying the free two hour period.

Parking EYE have since passed on the "debt" to Debt recovery plus Ltd who are now wanting me to pay £150 in there letter dated 14/10/2014
              which reads as follows:

Dear Mr xxxxxx

I am writing to you personally because I have been instructed by ParkingEye to obtain immediate settlement of the outstanding balance of £150

Despite previous requests for payment you have either failed to respond to our letters or to settle the debt.
              I now advise you that unless full payment is received within the next 14 days I am instructed to report back to ParkingEye with a recommendation to refer your case to our clients solicitors, to consider commencing court proceedings against you.

Should ParkingEye issue proceedings against you and a judgment is awarded in their favour, it may effect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

To close this matter and make payment . visit www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk
              alternately contact the office on xxxxxxxxxx

Yours sincerely

D Tomkins
              collections manager

Comment

As you are well past the time for appealing this ticket as Registered Keeper, you could write to JAS advising them of the driver and this would reset the clock and allow the driver to appeal the ticket, and then driver could appeal to PoPla.
                Alternatively you can wait and see if they issue court papers and take it from there.
                They seem to be taking their time about it, and seem intent on scaring the money out of you.
                There's so much uncertainty about court at the moment whilst we await the result of an appeal to be heard in February they possibly don't want to use that approach.
                Couple of interesting posts for you: http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversio....php/t87223.ht
                http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversio...hp/t90771.html

Comment

Originally posted by digger1 View Post
                  With regards to the other PCN it was issued via an ANPR system at Welcome Break London Gateway services on the M1 on the 14/10/2013. By Parking EYE
                  for overstaying the free two hour period.

Parking EYE have since passed on the "debt" to Debt recovery plus Ltd who are now wanting me to pay £150 in there letter dated 14/10/2014
                  which reads as follows:

Dear Mr xxxxxx

I am writing to you personally because I have been instructed by ParkingEye to obtain immediate settlement of the outstanding balance of £150

Despite previous requests for payment you have either failed to respond to our letters or to settle the debt.
                  I now advise you that unless full payment is received within the next 14 days I am instructed to report back to ParkingEye with a recommendation to refer your case to our clients solicitors, to consider commencing court proceedings against you.

Should ParkingEye issue proceedings against you and a judgment is awarded in their favour, it may effect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

To close this matter and make payment . visit www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk
                  alternately contact the office on xxxxxxxxxx

Yours sincerely

D Tomkins
                  collections manager
                  Getting a bit ahead of themselves sending letters dated 14/10.2014.

Again as you have missed the deadline for appealing as registered keeper you could advise them of name & address of driver if not yourself.
                  This would allow driver to appeal and win through POPLA.

Or you can write and appeal to PE any way. They will turn down your appeal and say you are outside the time for appealing to POPLA.
                  However if it gets to court stage the court can order it referred back to POPLA.
                  If by chance they give you a PoPla number use the appeal template (modified to suit )http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X