• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice-NCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice-NCP

I recieved a PCN for not displaying my ticket. For the 1st time I used my card in the machine as the charge had increased & I didn't have enough change (of which I have a receipt) but didn't have time to go back to my car to display it. I have on occasion used the RINGO system on the train & not displayed a ticket. I appealed with the evidence of a receipt but they declined as their signs clearly state you must 'pay & display'! I have agreed to pay the charge for that day but not 12 x that at £75. The next thing they are threatening me with is court & CCJ. I have read elsewhere that they won't take it as far as court?? I have a receipt!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice-NCP

Appeal any that you still can and get a popla code which can be used effectively to get rid of the charge using genuine pre estimate of loss.

Ncp have done court but not often.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Appeal any that you still can and get a popla code which can be used effectively to get rid of the charge using genuine pre estimate of loss.

Ncp have done court but not often.

M1
      Thanks.
      Well I did appeal but was rejected because I did not display my ticket & I do have a POPLA code. What difference does it make if I have this POPLA code? And how can it 'be used effectively to get rid of the charge using genuine pre estimate of loss'. What does this mean? I was surprised they rejected my appeal as I have a receipt!! When you buy a ticket on the phone you don't pay & display, whats the difference, I paid the charge!!

Comment

Is it still valid as it has to be used within 28 days.

If so adapt http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit.

M1

Comment

Is the POPLA code still valid? I think so? I have already appealed to POPLA they rejected it! On the grounds of not displaying my ticket :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

You can't appeal to popla twice for one ticket !

M1

Comment

Yes I realise that, so what do I do now? Do I ignore it or go to court?

Comment

You ignore or you settle. It's up to them to take you to court should they wish to do so.

M1

Comment

Oh ok thanks for the advice. Do you happen to know what are the chances of them taking me to court? I have read so many reports of just ignoring it! But I am so unlucky with this kind of thing , thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X